Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parting out 10 944's

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rennlist charter:

http://www.rennlist.org/charter.htm
Old 08-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I know how you feel Matt.. I see 1 post and "I'm Parting a 944.." and look at the thread then usually ignore it and wont patronize the offer.

NOW.. If that person would pony up the 18 bucks and become a member instead of simply pawning parts to a captive audience, My tone may change.

and Yes, Virginia. Rennlist has rules.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:03 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, Rennlist has rules. If you don't like 'em, too bad.

Damian, your attack on Geo was unfounded and in poor taste.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, his very first post is a spam. Just because some of you want to buy something from him does not mean it's not spam.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah!!!
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Yes, Rennlist has rules. If you don't like 'em, too bad.

Damian, your attack on Geo was unfounded and in poor taste.
Thanks Tifo. I couldn't believe I was being attacked for pointing out a spammer - especially when his only post was to try to sell stuff to Rennlisters.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by johne
Umm, George did you just loose your mind?

John
You must have missed Monty Python in your childhood. My condolences.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:13 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

i think he is selling stuff in the classifieds too. i thought only members could do that?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

actually geo he was pointing out how you blatently misspelled SPAM as SAPM.........MUAHAHHAA!!!!!
ahhhhhhhh..im just messin' wit cha!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wish we could stick to the point at hand.....Let JOhn D decide what to do about posts like this...I mean cmon guys, how many of you need parts for your cars.....ummmm lets se probably everyone here on this board needs something.....so maybe there could be some deals to be made here with this guy......Why not first ask him to ask for John D's approval since he does not know of the rules and alot seem to here, and then if John approves do a repost.....In all everyone needs used 944 parts or used rare specialty parts....so why scare him away, rather lets welcome him...I mean he has 10 944's...well what are they, who's are they, etc.....arent you guys curious about this....? I dont think this was spam....just someone with some parts to sell...did a web search...found rennlist and posted.....I mean what are we turning into the PCA here....? Imagine if this guy had a callaway turbo kit on one of those N/A's.....Lets be serious here, and try and make the best of this situation and work with him not against him.......

Quote......Damian, your attack on Geo was unfounded and in poor taste.....Quote

I think he has had it coming at one time or another.....I think there are some here on the board that will agree, and some that wont........A bit harsh maybe....But I just hate stupid rice comments, and stupid comments or posts in general.......Sure I have done some in my time here....But I try to catch myself before I do now.....Maybe I should of just kept my mouth shut....But then again I do have a big mouth...sorry.....In all not everyone gets along I guess always...OPinions will always collide...

DAmian
Old 08-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Campeck
actually geo he was pointing out how you blatently misspelled SPAM as SAPM.........MUAHAHHAA!!!!!
Oh.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Being as George comes from the Nissan crowd I think he has a little bit of wiggle room when it comes to making rice comments
Old 08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
John Welch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

It was a welcome first post. What's the big deal if he wants to traipse in for free and drop an advertising bomb. I'm sure he'll stick around and be a valuable contributor. BTW, It doesn't seem he's posted anything else?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 944
In all everyone needs used 944 parts or used rare specialty parts....so why scare him away, rather lets welcome him...I mean he has 10 944's...well what are they, who's are they, etc.....arent you guys curious about this....?
Your beef with me aside.....

1. This was his first and only post. And he spams us.

2. Don't get all gushy because he says he has 10 cars to part out. Big deal. I'm sure PAP Parts does as well. Get my drift? I'm not saying the guy is a scammer, but with only 1 post, do you really want to trust him? Look at some of the best vendors we have on Rennlist. They are supporters and members (Paragon and George B.) and they almost NEVER do something like this. And they are sponsors of Rennlist! Geez, we gave The Stig a lot of grief about becoming a member and he just posts here. What level of standards do you have for someone trying to take people's money? Again, I'm not saying the guy is a crook, but if you do business with this guy, you have to send him money, right?

I dont think this was spam....just someone with some parts to sell...did a web search...found rennlist and posted.....
Pretty much the definition of spam I'm afraid.

I think he has had it coming at one time or another.....I think there are some here on the board that will agree, and some that wont........A bit harsh maybe....But I just hate stupid rice comments, and stupid comments or posts in general.......Sure I have done some in my time here....But I try to catch myself before I do now.....Maybe I should of just kept my mouth shut....But then again I do have a big mouth...sorry.....In all not everyone gets along I guess always...OPinions will always collide...
Hey DAmien, I can accept that. I guess I've rubbed you the wrong way some where along the line. Sorry about that. And point taken.

Look, you're right opinions will collide sometimes. And if you'll agree I have as much right to be wrong and make a fool of myself as you or anyone else (and this isn't meant to be a smartypants), then... Prosit!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:50 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 107 Posts

Not to throw gas on a fire, but what is the rule if a "member" posts a link to "Someone selling parts from 10 944's"? I don't want to get cross with anyone but I see many references here to parts, friends car for sale, etc followed by a contact. I see George's point with this one, the guy dropped the link and then never another comment from the poster. No matter how the link is provided, member or not, the original seller benefits without financial support to the advertiser (Rennlist).

Quick Reply: Parting out 10 944's