Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche bumper to Ford bumper: HALT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004 | 05:28 AM
Fishguy
Instructor

hey I had that happen too!
though
what happened to my car was my brother.

We work at the same construction site, and that day, we took my car (as the '79 subaru didnt have insurance on it yet)
all was fine until the boss needed him at a different site to clear trees
and I let him take it there (I'm way too nice to him, btw)
and so I hitched a ride home with a co-worker that lived nearby and arrived before my brother got off work at the other site.
he comes home and tells me he has some bad news and comes out to show me a nickel sized dent in the narrow part above the rear bumper with the "porsche" decal on it, as well as a broken rear plate holder (between the bumperettes) and several large chips and scratches on the top side of the bumper.

Apparently, he didnt know you should use the parking brake to keep from rolling back on a hill (this guy has been driving manuals for years...
and had rolled into a co-worker's Ford Explorer

I didnt yell at him or anything, I just told him he needs to fix it, and suggested that a bottle of touch up paint might be sufficient (before I inspected the dent)
and so I didnt get on him about it, and it took over a month before he took any action to finally fix it.

ONLY after I confronted him and outlined what I had been expecting of him and how he had completely failed me by seemingly forgetting what he did to my car, and obviously not caring about it (I kept holding off required maintenance and new tires, as I didnt want to make plans that would interfere with the repairs that never got around to being made)
and so now, its been Two weeks after I confronted him, and its still not fixed! somehow, he hasnt found time to do it, and it took a couple days for ME to find a suitable body shop (ie with good local reputation)

so now, I've been giving him an exceedingly long time to fix the problem (also considerable patience and help), and it has not been solved, and in the process, I've run out of time to Autocross at all this summer, as I STILL need new tires, new timing belt, and that oil leak fixed (which I could have taken care of myself ignoring him, but somehow I thought he wouldn't string me along)

so yeah, I really can't believe my brother's actions at all, hes about to graduate college, go make his own life, and still can't take responsibilty for his actions..

sorry to rant, but it didn't hit me until now just how badly I'm letting him get away with damaging MY Porsche.
so, thats it, I'm not gonna deal with him, he needs to take the steps to schedule time, fit it to MY plans, and take action. I'm going to order a set of those yoko es 100's.

and he freaking two years older than me...
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, sir.
Old 08-07-2004 | 07:29 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

AHHHHH!!!!!so dome drunk *** hole was dropping of his date last night. it was my friends neighbor. Well he backs out and ****ing hits my damn car!!!! I bolted upright and went after his ***!!! He said he's sorry then inspected his car like i would have to pay for his. Well i went over to his dates house and informed her about what had happened. Then i stayed for a few hours... After inspcting my car this morning i found one little white paint mark on my carfrom his. Now i'm wondering if i should be an *** and make it so he has to repaint my car.... keep in mind he was drunk at the time, ot at least intoxicated in some way shape or form. I think i'm going out with his girl in the next few days though...

Quick Reply: Porsche bumper to Ford bumper: HALT!