Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some more miscellaneous questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Brett Jenkins
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Some more miscellaneous questions.

While R&R'ing my engine, I noticed that there was a hard-plastic hose or funnel type thing that runs underneath the driver's side, near the engine, to the area in front of the wheel whell. I also noticed that there is a cone on the back of my alternator and these two things kinda line up, but there seems to be about a 1 foot gap in their connection. I assume this is to keep the alternator cool??? Is it beneficlal to re-connect these, assuming they actually belong together?

Does anyone have a picture of what the control arm/ball joint to wheel connection should look like. I want to make sure I have them reassembled correctly and snugly, so my wheel doesn't lay down on me when I'm driving.

I will have everything hooked back up tonight, so I'm hoping to have it back on the road tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about the suspension/steering parts and whether I have them all back tight. I'll probably end up taking it to an alignment shop to go over it all and re-align the front end anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The back of the alternator that is for cooling.

The other one you mention sounds like the funnel for the air intake box.

Can you take some pics so we can see what you are looking at?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:15 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's supposed to be a hose there. I was missing mine and Iceshark said that it does keep the alternator cooler.
I used a 60mm breather hose from Autozone.

Quick Reply: Some more miscellaneous questions.