Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone from Russia?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone from Russia?

I have a friend in russia that said he has a новое турбо in his 944 but I am unsure of what that is.. Any help?
Old 07-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Turbo
Old 07-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

I figured it out with the use of a online translator..

Its a "New Turbo" and that makes sense now too because he said that his car was feeling slow lately and he wasnt hitting above 2-3psi from the turbo.

Благодарность анивэйс для того, чтобы читать мою бессмысленную нить, потому что я выяснял то, что новое турбо означает как несколько секунд после регистрации
Old 07-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

анивэйс ??

if you are asking what that is, would guess something like:
Thankfully after reading my senseless thread (coloq. for post? this online??), because I found this new turbo only seconds after registering.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

lol...

Nope... I was useing a online translator! that I found! hehe ohh well! Grammer and tranlators are not very good!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

ни пуxа ни перa!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

how do you say Turbo cup in Russian?

Andy
Old 07-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

Andy, I'd just transliterate it. I have no clue if there is a "translation" for Turbo Cup

турбо куп (??)
Old 07-29-2004, 06:08 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i speak english
Old 07-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Im fluent in russian...but the question has been answered already.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

I speak Croatian and Spanish

Andy
Old 07-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Привет!
Since the question has been answered I'm going to hijack this thread. Has anyone been to Russia? What's it like? Did you go on your own or as part of a tour? Can anyone recommend a tour? Oh - and the extent of my Russian is Я пока не говорю по-русски. Говорите ли вы по-английски?

Kurt(ski)
Old 07-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

Sorry, I don't follow you there. You mean you still do not speak Russian? I'd use "yisho" vs. "poka" but that's me - but for a non-speaker, pretty colloquial to use "li" there - color me suspiciously curious. I'd just go w/ the easy govoritie po-ruski? myself. Where ARE you guys getting the font-set/keyboard from? I am tired of copying out each character to write something Not sure how much you need to speak fluently there, most folks speak some degree of English and Russians by and large are immensely educated. Some of my raketi friends over there were more well read than some of my college professors here.

I couldn't begin to tell you about tours and such. I personally don't think you get a feel for the country that way, you just get to fall in with other - hate to say it - Ugly Americans on a tour bus. Ducks if you will. Loud as hell and twice as disrespectful - and that's on good behavior. Sorry, I digress again but you have to understand how unbelievably embarrassing we can be abroad sometimes. If you can speak well enough to get around, go native. If you are a member of a rotary type club or other professional organization, they undoubtedly have sister clubs in Moscow or Petersburg. Try seeing where that leads you for more of a personal tour.

I haven't been to Moscow (student at RSSU) since 1994 so I am way out of date w/ the times. I would visit Vladimir/Suzdl if you are in Moscow (and try take a trip to St. Pete). My favorite place to eat - cheesy as it is, if its still there is Baku-Liban on Tverskaya (the shvarma w/ the green tomatoes kicks butt). A little Lebanese place that was the best deal going for a kid on my budget, probably ate there 3 days a week. Avoid the US food places as they were then rediculously overpriced (heh, the only time I got food poisioning over there ) and you aren't there for that anyway (if you must, go to a hybrid type joint - at the time there was a chain called Kombi's which was a sub place but seemingly Russian owned and operated - more local flair ??). Also, definately go see the ballet at the (what was then the) Stanislovski Theatre (on Pushkinskaya Ploshad' IIRC). Go to the Bolshoi for the Nutcracker but IMO, the Stanislovski was then far better (and my g/f and I at the time went to see Swan Lake for like $1.72 w/ a caviar intermission). I probably saw more than a dozen ballet when I was there and a half dozen operas and a couple (hard as hell to follow) plays (but a Checkov play IN Moscow? You gotta go ) and a modern dance thing but can't recall the theatre. Oh and try Tuborg Beer while you are there, don't think you'll ever get it over here but good Lord is that some fine shizzle. I wouldn't get too worked up about drinking Stoli over there - the non-export stuff is common, the for-export stuff is as pricey as Absolut. Go see Lenin's Mauseleum, it won't be there/open forever so if it still is, check it out. Go to Gorky Park and check out the space shuttle for the experience of it (if you go in February and they still do it, there is an AMAZING International ice sculputure competition there and some of it will blow you away). What I would not leave Moscow without doing is visiting Ismailovski Park - its a train ride (hell, everything is a train ride now that I think about it) and I do advise you to go without a tour bus and with a Russian speaker if you don't speak well - absoulte must go as far as I am concerned. Oh and of-course, visit the Armory, Red Square, Novodevichy, the Tretyakovski, the Puskin Galery, Museum of Modern Art, oh and Arbat St. - I could go on a while, if this doesn't give you some good ideas, shoot me an email (and I am SURE there are a couple Russian listers here that have something to say - I am just filling til morning )

But do remember, I have not been in 10 years so I got NO clue what is still what and what is where and where you can meet the wrong folks and the like so back to the first advice; If you are a member of a professional organization, they undoubtedly have sister clubs in Moscow or Petersburg. Try seeing where that leads you for more of a personal tour. FWIW, the Moscow Rotary Club's sister organization is the Greensboro Rotary (Greensboro NC). I am not a Rotarian but I did do some work w/ these guys and they are all very very good folks (on both sides of the Atlantic). Sorry, kinda wrote this in segments between doing other stuff so no clue how helpful it is - let me know if I can help though. I am sure there are a few Muscovites that will be waking up in the next few hours that would be much more helpful.

пока
Old 07-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I was there this new years. In a nutshell, it is as modern as america (at least big cities like moscow). The people in general are a lot friendlier and the public transportation is most common, even though cars have been growing beyond capacity in cities like moscow. I have family there, so i never went through a tour; although i imagine there are plenty available. If you do go, make sure you visit moscow, st petersburg, and other major cities...some beautiful things to see!

Oh, also, a trip to russia isnt as cheap as it used to be as the value of the dollar has been dropping a lot over there.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:55 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

My sister lives/Works in Moscow Russia. My Ex-GF lives there too. I plan to go over sometime in the next year to visit both!

Quick Reply: Anyone from Russia?