Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the heck is this new law? (Calif)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Little Porsche Boy
Instructor

Location: Auburn, Washington & San Diego ............................. Terry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 944pete
Guys lets watch the language on here. You can go back and edit your posts or I can go in and edit or delete. You choose.
Let's work together to keep this place above the ricer forums, ok?
Here Here!
Old 07-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I got pissed when someone put crazy glue in the doorlocks of 7 cars I had in the streets including 6 944 and my 89 951. I went out there and bought 7 more cars and parked there in a row on both sides of the street. Since they are all registered and they can't do anything about it other than to illegally vandalize it, they got the point. I kept getting harrassed by my association with false accusations so here is what I did. I BECAME PART OF THE BOARD OF MY HOMEOWNER'S ASSOCIATION and found out it was one guy. I later took pictures of his guests violating the parking rules. My recommendation is to join the neighborhood watch program because the people in that group just heard about you from one a##ho*e so they think you are the worst person in the world until they meet you in person. Also, whoever it is hassling you can't hide behind their neighborhood watch annonymously. Just don't tell them you own the car until you get a good idea what is going on and who is giving you the headache.

Last edited by Legoland951; 07-25-2004 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Sadly, ill be 18 in a week. I wont be able to just kick such ********' ***.

But yeah, if you can find a law that hes breaking, this will give you some leverage once you bring it up. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

give em a joy ride in the 951 and punch it, then see if they shut their mouths.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:53 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What really ticks me off is that
1 - the guy is hiding behind the anonymity of leaving notes
2 - he's only targeting my cars, and only the p-cars at that. For example, my pickup truck has not moved for two weeks and have not been touched. My other neighbors leave cars for more than 3days at a time as well....
I like the idea of joining the neighborhood watch -- if only to figure out who the guy is and give him a taste of his own medicine...
Old 07-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

or park the p-cars on his fckin lawn one morning.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:56 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I know how you feel because he targets my p cars too while ignoring all the other cars in the complex including his wife's friend's car that is parked there all the time violating association rules. I took pictures and logged all the other cars in one week of time and showed that there are many violators. Then I showed this information to the board I am a part of to shut this guy up at the same time showing a discriminatory behavior on his behalf. There are just too many people who have nothing better to do than to get into other people's business. I believe there are more serious issues in the area concerning neighborhood watch than people who park their Porsches more than 72 hours.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:57 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

The "vehicle abatement program" is spreading up here in the bay area too. My friend has a 924 turbo that has not been run for the past three years, and now the local code enforcement meter maidens are fixing to tow a non-op vehicle sitting ON HIS OWN PROPERTY! He has over seven warning notices collected, and is waiting for the big day a tow truck attempts to extract his beloved Porsche from his driveway. In fact- he has ample fireworks to celebrate the occaison. Our state is slowly becoming a big-brother environment, in the advent of 911 and the "sudden" appointment of the shrub(George Bush Jr.). I will scream foul if this yahoo with an embarrassing approval rating gets re-elected...

Protect your Porsche ownership rights...lobby to eliminate errant code enforcement maidens.

Zach
Old 07-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Our state is slowly becoming a big-brother environment, in the advent of 911 and the "sudden" appointment of the shrub(George Bush Jr.). I will scream foul if this yahoo with an embarrassing approval rating gets re-elected...

BECOMING?!?!?!

And it ain't just Cali. . . it's the entire damn country!
Old 07-25-2004, 03:49 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

get the biggest! nastiest! STICKER ON THE PLANET!! and stick it on his/hers front windshield. You know what they say revenge is better than Christmas.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

There's a lot of jealous people in this world these days I've noticed. Perhaps your neighbors are jealous. We have cars constantly parked on the street. There's a guy that owns a Miata about 700 yards down from my house on the hill and his car looks like *** and it hasn't moved in 6 months.

I think this guy is trying to take advantage of the system just so he can look like the bigger man of the neighborhood... I hate people sometimes..

Andy
Old 07-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

this may not seem mature but it also seems you are dealing with someone towards wich common sense human laws do not work..time for law of the jungle
Talk to him and show him your space problem as to be sure he understands your plight..then explain to him how fond are you of your Porsches and indirectly let him know that if anthing should happen to them things will get ugly..then go home call every friend you can trust and get ready for tactics wich you should contact me for.. nothing violent but enough to show vulnerability without implicating you directly......maybe he will understand he has things he can loose too..that does not work contact me again and get ready for war.......
Old 07-26-2004, 06:03 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got these cousins, Guido and Luigi who can make this problem go away... quietly...

Quick Reply: What the heck is this new law? (Calif)