Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT but i can't get in...so here it is..resignation thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 115 Posts

There are some people who always show up to parties empty-handed. Not much you can do about that, but if they start complaining about the food and drink that others provided for them, that's pretty rude.

There are some great people on this forum. One of them came by my place to help me pull an engine and he brought beer. Imagine that, doing me a big favor and bringing beer as well. Turns out he's a Rennlist member too. I should not be suprised. Some people bring something to the party, even stay and help clean up. Others show up empty handed and complain about the music and the dip.

-Joel.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:38 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
....All joking aside, write to John and state your case.
I was watching this unfold last evening...

And here is where I am. When you write me, please copy in PCA National as to why non-PCA members should be able to:
- View the PCA Classifieds;
- Put up an ad in the PCA Classifieds;
- Participate in the PCA Forums;
- Participate in all PCA events...

And the list goes on....

Simply put - I have a very difficult time with "double standards" - and the Rennlist Members have "features" that non-Members do not.

The only difference I can see - is that non-Rennlist Members are not precluded from enjoying the primary forums, the community and the comradrie of Rennlist. I'm not certain that is even true with PCA - as it is, as you know - only open to PCA Members for $42 per year... And for a variety of reasons - which I won't discuss in public - the OT Forum is now Member only.

So - while you plead your case to me - I'd be really interested in PCA's reply to you as well - why anyone should be able to have Member Services without being a Member.

And yes - I'm a PCA Member, as is Jen, as is my son - so I guess I can say that...
Old 07-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm PCA also John and I feel I get a lot for the money on that one. Not to mention I get access to autocrossing and doing DE's with other Porsches which I find is a lot more fun than SCCA. What sux is that strict guidelines were imposed and now we can't have passengers in our cars unless we are instructors.

Aside with that, just as long as you keep the model specific forums open, we can all be happy in finding help with replacing a part or what the heck does something do on our car, or even decode an option in that matter. It's your board John and you do what you feel is to your best interest and the best for Rennlist's...

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

As for all previous posts protesting my refusal to pay $18 at the moment. YOu have no knowledge of my financial situation right now and I appreciate if you guys just stay out of it. My finances are just as private to me as personal issues. I'm not going to take this post up to 200 as to why I'm in this state ok guys? Now do you still want me to help on the boards or not? Implicating me for not paying up is really not helping any and some people just respect other people's opinions, I don't hound you guys about why you spent 18 dollars over something, its your money, and I have my money.

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStig
I'm PCA also John and I feel I get a lot for the money on that one.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You apparently did not read my post. I think the *issue* is the fact that you are making a big deal about the money and membership yourself, which has led to the multiple "WTF" posts from others.

Face it, you don't come to this board to "help" people. You're not the Rennlist Good Samaratin. You come here because you like Rennlist and like the interraction you have with other Porsche enthusiasts. Right?

Then stay. I think honestly people don't care whether you pay to be a member or not, really. It's just an answer for all of the complaining they have heard lately.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:30 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rennlist is worth much more than $18 a year! The information and members on the board have saved me significant labor costs by helping me rebuild my calipers and change the clutch.

Andy you start off by saying "I've been a member here since 2001" those that are members have "Rennlist Member" below their name in red letters. What you really meant to say is that you have been mooching off this great service that others are paying for since 2001. You have had three years for free, now if you want to continue posting OT posts pay your $18.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

you know what, you guys think I can whipe my *** with 20's too? You guys think this is also a real wise way to attract more business to Rennlist? more ethical to PRESSURE people into investing into the site? Here's a suggestion for you. Don't do that. It's bad business. Pressuring someone to invest is not a proper way to make sales nor is it a good issue of customer service.

Have you guys ever been to a bar and you meet a girl that pressures you into buying a drink for her just so you 2 can talk? No? Let me ask you something, what would you if you were in that position? Because that's the position I'm being placed in rightnow. Being pressured to get a service and that I have to pay to help others. Big wow that most of my posts have beenin the OT lately, maybe because there have been some threads on this board that I don't have knowledge about or someone has posted already reasonable fix for that has actually cured the project.

Is this the perks and people I have to deal with for owning a Porsche? Why don't you guys put yourself into my shoes and see my point for once instead of ganging up and doing a rather unethical business practice that is discouraging me even more from registering as a paid member.

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Pete, please move this to OT. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:08 PM
jp944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me a good reason why I should become a member
I don't think anyone is saying Members are better than Non-Members. I think everyone seems to be saying that membership is worth the $18. If you don't have it, don't sweat it.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:11 PM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Stig you may be a person who contributes to the board but your still a cheap SOB for harping about $18 bucks, pony up the dosh and stop crying your heart out Rennlist is worth a hell of alot more than $18 dollars and its actually insulting to infer otherwise, theres no place like Rennlist anywhere on the web! C'ya bub.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

More ethical to PRESSURE people into investing into the site?
No pressure from me, Mr. Stig. Just a request to quit whining and spare us defeatist threads like this one.

Ordinarily I stay out of dumb OT threads like this, but when you start a self pitying thread to publicly challenge the person who makes this medium available to you about its "value for the money," as if you owned the place, I feel compelled to speak up and ask you to stop and think a bit before you post.

Sometimes there's a lot more meaning in what you refrain from posting than in what you go ahead and post. That's become a pretty elusive concept around here lately, and you certainly aren't making it any easier to grasp.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of surfing the boards all the time and then saying your funds are tight and you can't afford it, why not stop using the rennlist, and use the extra time to get another job?

My membership expired a few months back, and I fully intend on renewing. I've just yet to get around to doing it.

I also think, that John D should keep the LINK visible to OT on all the forums lists, so that old/new non-members can SEE it's still there, but cannot login until they become paid members! LOL!!! I bet that will force a few peeps to join!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, noone is pressuring you, get it through your head. The only reason people are TELLING you to get a membership is because you started this thread complaining about having to , to do things you want to do here. If you had not said anything complaining about getting one, then noone would have pressured you. There are tons of people who don't have memberships, and we aren't pressuring them.

Hey John, in all seriousness.

Would there be a problem in allowing people to VIEW the OT forums without being a member, but not be able to post on them? That seems to make sense to me, and may keep a few from crying. It seems it would still achieve what you want to do. Except that peopel may see problems in there and be turned away from rennlist by it I guess. Just some food for thought, let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

also, if this moves to OT, Stig won't be able to respond!

(that may be the intent, but IMHO it would be a form of censorship.)

Quick Reply: OT but i can't get in...so here it is..resignation thread