Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT but i can't get in...so here it is..resignation thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

So you going to become a full member or what??
Old 07-22-2004, 02:49 AM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

well i don't need any discounts I am PCA already, I get parts at cost through SSF thanks to a former fiancee leaving me with new good friends ...heheheh

But, I'll surprise ya'll some day...

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Shutemup
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStig
Well, guys, I'm here to say something. First of all I really like the crowd here and I thank you for all your support in the assistance of the restoration of both my 84 which was smashed to **** in January, helping me deal with the hurt my former fiancee left me
Helping to keep the medium alive that has allready done that for you is what you gain from your whopping $18
Old 07-22-2004, 03:52 AM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

you don't need to pay $18 to get good advice...I understand why I should pay but I have other priorities now man....

You'll know i want to when you see for yourself....right now i've go so much freaking fish to fry and so little grill space i might as well put em back in the sea...

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 03:55 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

That's just the thing Andy. EVERYONE has bigger fish to fry. Everyone does. Yet if everyone took that mentality, Rennlist wouldn't exist.

Just take a look in my garage, then take a look at my wallet from what's in my garage. Then know that that was my daily driver. Or talk to the countless broke college students on here who find the 18 bucks to help Rennlist live. That's what it's all about.

Anyone can give 18 bucks when the going is good. It's what you do when the going gets tough that matters. Have a good night.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:18 AM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

and if I were to join? will I still be slammed? do I have to pay to be equal? sit in front of the bus? I kinda feel like a victim of prejudice still over this...

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

OK now you're just being silly. Since when have you been treated differently on Rennlist because you weren't a paying member. Boo hoo you can't use the OT forum. Seriously Andy, you're being unreasonable.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

dude i don't carea bout the OT forum anymore, I don't wanna hear about this tonight, like I said, you'll find out later my decision on that issue. I'm going to bed, its been a long day and i have to dish 120 bucks out tomorrow for a repair... take care everyone and have a good night.

Andy
Old 07-22-2004, 05:18 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK .... ENOUGH.......

Just send over the chic on your avatar and all will be better in the universe....

hell, I may even pay your dues....

that is if she is any good.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:20 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Stig, I havent met you at Fest, if you went, Ive never talked to you on AIM, or in email. But quite frankly I always look for some random hot chick in your avatar, and i know it's you. Your post are (almost ) always helpful, Anyway, i guess im really just saying thanks for the Grid Girls topic on my 18th Anyway, best to you.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Stig:

You own three cars (according to your sig), you can afford the $18. It's not always about "what's in it for me." I have two memberships, one for me, one for my 8-month old son. He became a member at 4-weeks. I haven't set, up a photo gallery, or a Rennlist email account. I basically browse the classifieds, and post on the message boards, (the same thing I did before I joined Rennlist). Why did I join? Because John and Jenn spend many hours managing this site, without getting paid. Remember, bandwith, servers, software, etc. cost money. If my $18 means that I won't wake up one day and find out that John D. got tired and pulled the plug, then that makes it worth it.

I'll be sorry to see you go. We all like your avatars.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stig got any good parts left over you want to offer me? i'll trade you membership for a part, depending what it is.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:41 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn Andy. I remember when I first started looking at purchasing a 944, and I saw your old 944 on Pelican. That car was an inspiration to me. I think I still have your old avatar with the girl with your 944 saved somewhere on my hard drive.

What's happened to you? Why are you willing to leave this community over $18? If it's not that, and you think you are being treated differently because you arent a member, I think you are off-base. People are giving you grief because you are making such a big deal over this, and your immature grid-girls 2 post (well, and some others too, but they escape me at the moment) the other nite. That's all.

Come on. Take it like a man, buck up, pony up the money (or not, it doesn't really matter), and move forward.

Flame me if you'd like, I'm just trying to be constructive.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on Stig. Think about staying. I'm broke as hell with this rebuild and upcoming college expenses, but right now I'm just waiting for the membership link to start working again so I can join. Being here in this community has really made a difference and I'd hate to see a fellow Rennlister leave over such a trivial matter. Plus I'll miss your avatars But seriously my friend...Think it over once again.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, if there were reasons that you felt you should not be a member or if it was just that you couldn't afford it I am sure that the rules could bend a little.

Ever since the change all you have done is bitch about "not being included." I bet that if you, instead of bitching on the forums, wrote John an email explaining why you think you should be allowed to use the member areas without having to become an actual member, that you would get a lot further.

Even if you were to write to John and state something like "I don't think I should have to pay to become a member because I feel that I contribute enough to Rennlist through my insightful posts that by doing so should be payment enough."

All joking aside, write to John and state your case.

Quick Reply: OT but i can't get in...so here it is..resignation thread