Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Parking lights and dash lights no work!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 10:43 PM
AKCJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bendavis2
I'm not sure if you're still connected to this account, but I'm having the exact same issue that you were. (on my 1983 Porsche 944)

After reading through your diagnosis and solution, I'm not sure which connector you ended up running a new ground to.

Any chance you remember this repair from 19 years ago? Did you run a new ground to the turn signal connector in the steering wheel stalk? Or another.

Thanks.
Common problem on the 83's. On my (and I believe most) car it was a bad connection at one of the main connectors behind the fuse panel. It over heats and quits making a good connection. I fixed mine about 20 years ago so don't remember exactly which one but it's about the 3rd one in working from pedal side towards exterior of vehicle. You have to remove the 1st and 2nd connectors to access the one you need. On mine it was obvious when I finally got to it. These connectors are square (or maybe rectangular) and have something like 3 rows of 3 pins although they don't use them all. I ended up running a new wire around the connector. I've posted this answer before but it's been many years.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: HELP Parking lights and dash lights no work!