Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got another one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004 | 02:07 AM
Danno
Race Director

The mileage on that engine may indicate a need for a rebuild soon. All I can say is... "mid-engine V8 twin-turbo !"
Old 07-13-2004 | 02:24 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Yes, she's still living there. . . she had these fanciful notions of "we can make it work" for a long time but she's recently had the epiphany of realization that this guy just simply isn't going to change and she's got to improve her situation herself. If anybody is going to do something for her kids, it's her (then again, she's the one that's been doing it all along). She's just been manuevered into a situation where she's virtually powerless to do anything about it. Her situation totally sucks, I really feel badly for her; my wife is over there tonight babysitting her kids so she can make a few bucks working inventory, so we help out where we can and a few other of her neighbors do also, but it just is a crappy situation all around overall.

I just figure its a chance to help someone out that could use it, save a Porsche that would otherwise just end up getting cut up and destroyed, give a low-risk learning experience to people (including myself) that want to become proficient at turning wrenches on these things, clean out some overflowing parts bins (we all have 'em!), meet some fellow Rennlisters, drink a few beers and generally have a good time doing it all at the same time. I don't know about the logistics of hosting the fix-it-up parties here (plus my 944 is occupying the garage for at least a few more weeks) but I wanted to get a feeler out there and see how feasible of an idea this was. I have to say I'm pretty moved by the outpouring of generousity and good intentions that you guys have displayed thus far; things like this help to bolster my faith in the goodness of people in times like these where it isn't always so easy to do so. . .

I'll take a few pics over the next several days and post for those interested. Thanks to all interested, I'll definitely be getting back to you all about this!
Old 07-13-2004 | 02:24 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

I'd love to do that Danno, but her two kids' car seats bolted to the roof might draw unwarranted CHP attention!

:P
Old 07-13-2004 | 02:40 AM
Danno
Race Director

" don't know about the logistics of hosting the fix-it-up parties here (plus my 944 is occupying the garage for at least a few more weeks) but I wanted to get a feeler out there and see how feasible of an idea this was."

Ok, count me in for the wrenching sessions. I'll be down in that area anyway. :You should finish up your car first.

Last edited by Danno; 07-13-2004 at 04:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Got another one!