Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My "Porsche Summer" continues: Pics of the new addition to the stable

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:33 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the too many cars club! Glad to hear that your hunt went successfully.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Lawn Gnome
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a question, but since it's not automatic why did you have to jump the car to start it? Couldn't you have pushed the car to start it instead of going to 2 gas stations and a Wendy's?
Old 07-13-2004, 01:07 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

holy hell

You have wonderful taste
Old 07-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

All I can say is wow. I'll second what Cory said,... but it goes without saying when you buy one Porsche, and before picking it up, you purchase another! That avatar of yours is in need of an update when you pick up your other recent purchase. I'd love to see a full lineup shot including your father's toy. iFelicitaciones amigo!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Awesome man, simply awesome!!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:37 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jonathan, you're killing me here. I swear if you find a 968 Turbo S I'm gonna lose it!

Congrats man!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:42 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

You are my idol...
Old 07-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Nabeel
Pro

Beautiful 968! Your collection is amazing. It must be hard waking up in the morning and deciding which one you want to drive.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:59 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Responses, Part I

I tried to send this as one post, but it said I had too many graphics in the post... To circumvent this limitation, I will make two posts.

Dan87951 wrote:
Cars are beautiful, someday I'll have a collection like yours! hahaha Enjoy them bud!! Love the black on the 968!!
Thanks, Dan! You have quite a dynamic duo yourself! Remember, I don't have a "Best of Show" trophy now, do I?

ilikemy944 wrote:
wow. nice.
Thanks, Brad. I wish we could have met up in Atlanta. Everything happened so quickly that I still can't even believe I have that black beauty to my name.... The next time I'm in Atlanta, we will have to get together.
At the rate I'm going, it will be time to purchase another Porsche in Atlanta in 5 years ('89 Turbo S in 1999 in ATL). For now, however, I have totally banned myself from even allowing the first neurotransmitter to pass the synaptic cleft that has anything to do with buying another Porsche! At least, that is the plan....

josephsc wrote:
Welcome to the too many cars club! Glad to hear that your hunt went successfully.
No kidding! Reading your post the other day, I was thinking to myself, "that might be me in about a week..." Congrats on your new toy, as well. I love those '88 Turbo S Silver Rose machines. Even though we are both well-qualified to be in the "too many cars club," every time I think of selling one of the Porsches, I shudder...

Lawn Gnome wrote:
Just a question, but since it's not automatic why did you have to jump the car to start it? Couldn't you have pushed the car to start it instead of going to 2 gas stations and a Wendy's?
The thought crossed my mind for a millisecond, and then the remembrance of how much a new dual-mass flywheel would cost (over 1K) and the bold-print warning in my S2 and Turbo manuals came to mind: "Do not try to start the car by pushing or towing."

Mike Markota wrote:
You have wonderful taste
Thanks, Mike. I hope your luck has improved as of late and that you are doing well. By the way, is the girl in Cyrus951's avatar really your sister? She is beautiful! She should be a model!
Old 07-13-2004, 03:09 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Default Responses, Part II

Mike Murcia wrote:
It goes without saying (that you are a Porsche connoisseur) when you buy one Porsche, and before picking it up, you purchase another!
It could also mean that my Porsche addiction is getting out of control....

That avatar of yours is in need of an update when you pick up your other recent purchase.
Now that would be a neat picture. Hmm... I wonder what assemblage would be best? I'm thinking the "Ian Special" in the middle, flanked on both sides by the twins, and then the 968s on the ends. Or maybe the Black 968 in the middle, flanked by the twins, with the "Ian Special" and Amazon Green 968 on the sides. What do you think?

iFelicitaciones amigo!
Muchas gracias, hermano. !Muy pronto voy a tratar de instalar el LBE en el Turbo S! Espero que yo no haga errores graves...

SamGrant951 wrote:
Awesome man, simply awesome!!
Thanks, buddy!

944pete wrote:
Jonathan, you're killing me here. I swear if you find a 968 Turbo S I'm gonna lose it!
Man, if I found myself the lucky owner of an original 968 Turbo S, I would also lose it! Don't worry, the last time I saw an original Turbo S for sale, it was going for $150,000! I will say this, the thought of converting it to the Turbo S spec has crossed my mind during the past couple days... However, that would be a project for down the road. I have decided that it is time to stop looking and to completely focus on the Porsche blessings that I currently own. One last thing, if I did have $150,000 to spend on a Porsche (no need to use the generic word "car" there, for I would look at no other marque), I would plunk it down on an original Turbo S. I know that might shock some, but yes, I would take it over a brand new 996 Turbo Cabriolet, a used 996 GT2 Mark I, a 993 Turbo S. I think the only Porsche in that price range I would be tempted to go for would be a GT3 RS.

pearldrum944 wrote:
You are my idol...
You flatter me, pearldrum, but I don't deserve such admiration. Thanks, though.

Beautiful 968! Your collection is amazing. It must be hard waking up in the morning and deciding which one you want to drive.
Thanks so much, Nabeel! I truly do enjoy each one of them. They all have a different personality, and it is so much fun to more fully discover their individual nuances with each grin-inducing mile.

I thank God every day that I am at a point in my life that I can own and enjoy these wonderful creations by Porsche. I am beginning to feel a little guilty, to be honest. I feel like returning to South America and giving away $500 worth of local currency to the poor, abandoned children in the streets who must beg just to survive. I know that may sound foolish to some, but I really would love to do that.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind regards.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:54 AM
vette4lyfe
Three Wheelin'

WOW... GORGOUS!! keep em comming.. soon youll have one for each day of the week...
Old 07-13-2004, 04:22 AM
PennyWise
Racer

Wow... now the 'Twins' have a new play mate... I hope they don't get too jealous. Fantastic.....

Oneday I WILL have a 968!!.. I will, I will.....
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think someone is going to need a new avitar!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:45 AM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It was great meeting you at the fest. I feel bad for getting a BMW! I should have stuck with Porsche! You have some serious Brand Loyalty!
Old 07-13-2004, 10:28 AM
buckshot
Addict
Rennlist Member

which one will you bring to the 05 midamerica funfest?
it was great meeting you there, and have fun with the new toy!
i plan on a number of upgrades this winter on my guards 89 s2!
kind of hard to keep up with the alabama gang!
buckshot wi

Quick Reply: My "Porsche Summer" continues: Pics of the new addition to the stable