Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nor Cal Meet - Finalized

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Steve Cooper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Danno
Steve, why don't you put up a notice at Benson's shop? He knows a cute lady with a maroon Boxster that might like to join us.. Katherine I think her name was...
I'll drop by his shop this afternoon and let him know about the plans, perhaps he can let some other folks know what is happening (Katherine? what's your motive? ). Maybe I can talk him into going out for a drive or connecting for lunch.

BTW, Tim's just wrapping up a personal, ghetto 944 tracker that should be quite adept at autoX and general track days. It's hanging out in his garage with the Westek 951. Too bad my schedule has been so hectic, I could have set-up a tour of Canepa's shop to check out the 959s he's converting to D.O.T. spec. Another time...
Old 07-13-2004, 05:15 PM
a.n.other
Instructor

I'll be up for that - sounds fun.

Ckathens - if you want to come along with me i'll be going from SF (Sunset area).

Dmitry - thanks for having a look for the seatbelts for me - even if you just find one that will be good (we're not expecting twins!!)

See you on Saturday!
Old 07-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Steve Cooper
Racer

There's a strong possibility that Tim is going to join us, and I think he's going to drive the ghetto track car. Should be a good photo op; I'll update the thread once I confirm that he's in. Count me there regardless.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

allright guys, So anyone have an extra bed, couch, floor, garage, or hatch for me to sleep in? also, someone have a passenger seat for me to tag along in? My car isn't coming up. the reason I am coming up (and decided to get a run going) is because i have to pick up some engine parts from dmitry that he painted for me.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:03 PM
ckathens
Drifting

Originally posted by a.n.other
I'll be up for that - sounds fun.

Ckathens - if you want to come along with me i'll be going from SF (Sunset area).
Thanks for the offer! However, I'm going camping with my girlfriend and some other friends at some state park (dunno which one.) I will certainly try to make it to the next one. Seats are back in as of last night and everything is running, just need to get insurance!

-Steve
Old 07-14-2004, 12:50 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like we'll be coming in wrecksimple03's 84.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Steve Cooper
Racer

Originally posted by Eyal 951
allright guys, So anyone have an extra bed, couch, floor, garage, or hatch for me to sleep in? also, someone have a passenger seat for me to tag along in? My car isn't coming up. the reason I am coming up (and decided to get a run going) is because i have to pick up some engine parts from dmitry that he painted for me.
Eyal,

I'd offer our guest room in Santa Cruz, but after lunch and our GTG, I have another Nor Cal GTG with the Scion group... So I'd be bailing out by mid-afternoon to go hang out with a bunch of box drivers.

Sorry man...:
Old 07-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

" I'll drop by his shop this afternoon and let him know about the plans, perhaps he can let some other folks know what is happening (Katherine? what's your motive? ). Maybe I can talk him into going out for a drive or connecting for lunch."

My motive with chics is always the same! But a chic with a Porsche? That's an added bonus!!! Now if she can work on cars and play golf... wow I might actually marry such a woman... NAH!!! See you this weekend!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Steve Cooper
Racer

" I'll drop by his shop this afternoon and let him know about the plans, perhaps he can let some other folks know what is happening (Katherine? what's your motive? ). Maybe I can talk him into going out for a drive or connecting for lunch."

My motive with chics is always the same! But a chic with a Porsche? That's an added bonus!!! Now if she can work on cars and play golf... wow I might actually marry such a woman... NAH!!! See you this weekend!
Looking forward to seeing you. It's been way too long.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Is there anyone that can offer up a place for me (maybe my brother too) at all? if not, anyone know of a good parking lot? BTW, my place is ALWAYS open to anyone that needs it.
~Eyal
Old 07-16-2004, 04:06 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you guys can crash at my brother's place in Sunnyvale with me. But you gotta be able to deal with my snoring better than his neighbors....
Old 07-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Well, you guys can crash at my brother's place in Sunnyvale with me. But you gotta be able to deal with my snoring better than his neighbors....
Danno, thanks. It's just me, and I may have a place at Dmitry's. If not, I'll let you know. I've dealt with your snoring before, though amusing, its not that bad.
~Eyal
Old 07-16-2004, 09:16 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Eyal, I would have been glad to accomodate you but unfortunately I just returned from my LA trip due to a family reunion and I still have out of state family members with me. I will be there in the morning to meet everyone but I can't make the drive due to other commitments. Looking forward to meet you all.

Efren
Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Steve Cooper
Racer

See you tomorrow Efren. Haven't connected with you since the dyno day with the white smoke. Looking forward to catching up.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:57 AM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can I ride with one of you turbo guys, the VW's fuel filter is getting clogged every 5 minutes, and the fuel injection isn't working properly.

Quick Reply: Nor Cal Meet - Finalized