Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group buy - Corbeau Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tifosiman
Why? Plan on doing an FIA event? They should be more than enough for DE's and auto-X. Are you planning on fully prepping the car and doing some door-to-door racing?
Its always looming as a possibility....
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates on prices and what seats?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:29 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Why? Plan on doing an FIA event? They should be more than enough for DE's and auto-X. Are you planning on fully prepping the car and doing some door-to-door racing?

Well
It seems a pit scary to me. Reason is the seats WERE FIA certed. Then the FIA did some test of random samples form a number of certifed seats by various mfg. The FIA then realeased a statment that their cert has been REVOKED on certain other seats and all Corbeau seats.
Seem like they found a "probelm" in the seats. Not sure what, but if I was going to spend my hard earned money on a "racing" seat I'd surely not want a seat REJECTED by the FIA. Crashing in DE may be less likely vs racing, but the impact is no less severe.

Just a thought guys!
Old 07-08-2004, 11:34 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone actually have that report on the rejection? I'd like to see it. It could possibly be just a result of the FIA upgrading the rules, not necessarily specific defects. Got a copy?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:52 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone actually have that report on the rejection? I'd like to see it. It could possibly be just a result of the FIA upgrading the rules, not necessarily specific defects. Got a copy?
This link should work ( It is a pdf File)
FIA link (updated 28.4.2004 http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...oved_seats.pdf

See page 10 of the above report.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:06 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Thanks!

It doesn't go into detail. I just sent Corbeau an email asking why they are no longer certified and what the real story is. Let's hope we get an answer soon. I'll post the response here when I get it.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:37 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

OK, here's the deal on the Corbeau Forza's, straight from the horses mouth (per se):

It seems the FIA has changed some requirements on the seats, in particular on seats like the Forza's it is the way the frames are tacked together (I'm not privvy to the specifics). There was no random sampling or failures found by the FIA. It was a simple rule change.

The current (2004) Forza's with the new rear bracket (to attach to the roll bar) are legal for SCCA Club racing. (I hope I worded that right, I am not a club racing expert but that is the jist of it.)The old ones are not legal for SCCA Club events, but there may be an "exchange" program available. Call them for details, on a case by case basis.

Corbeau is currently working on getting their seats up to the new FIA rules and hopes to have them homologated soon.

That's all that they told me.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Excellent (Best Mr. Burns Voice)
Old 07-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

The corbeau seats are OK for a autocrosser on a budget or something, better than what you will see at pep boys but recaro is expensive for a reason.

If you guys are interested in them as a group buy or otherwise after john d. gave the go ahead, I can match or beat any price out there for you. I have been a corbeau dealer for probably a year and a half now and sponsored rennlist off and on (when i had the cash)

Quick Reply: Group buy - Corbeau Seats