Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no spark

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 86951
It turns out that the injectors are not pulsing but gettting battery voltage at the connectors. Used DVOM to check this and i noticed that when i checked one side I was getting battery voltage and the other side i was getting 7-8 volts, I don't know if that is normal. I assumed that one side would be ground and the other power. Oh and by the way the injectors are new OE.
I don't know anyone in the area that specializes on these cars except for the dealer. Unless you (Dmitry S.) is up for the challenge.
DME control unit is getting battery voltage at pins 35, and 18 which tells me that DME relay works. I got testing info from Mitchell Repair info 2004.]
My car had an alarm that was in the car when i got it a year or so ago. The alarm never worked to my knowledge. I thought it might be causing this NO SPARK problem, so i removed and still nothing.
Does anyone know where I can get a DME CU?
Or have any ideas on how to test the computer if that is possible?

Yadda.yadda.. DME resolder. BUT clean the grounds first. Bad voltage delivery will underpower the DME- hence no go.

Best way to test a DME is to swap it into known running car and see if she fires. UNLESS you have the original software to diagnose this.

My cash is on the the frigging grounds.

Quick Reply: no spark