Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC/Heater fan won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 12:37 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Heater fan won't shut off

Okay - I've been slowly going through my car, fixing issue after issue, in anticipation of putting on new tires, getting it inspected, and returning it to the road. I'm stuck on a couple things, the major one being that my AC/Heater fan does not shut off. I can move the switch to Zero, and it still blows air. Increasing the speed of the fan does, well, exactly that, but when I try and shut it off, it keeps running.

As soon as I turn the car into the "on" position with the key (w/o starting it), the fan automatically comes on with the car. Can anyone help me with why this is happening?

One other electrical problem I'm dealing with is the interior lights don't cut on when I open the driver door. They come on with the passenger door opening. I took the little switch off the driver door and examined it, and by shorting the wires in it I still can't make the lights come on (which I'm guessing should work). Is there a fuse I don't know about? How far and to where do these wires run, and where do they hook up with the wires coming from the passenger side, as I may just need to rewire the whole switch.

TIA

Mark
Old 06-22-2004, 01:21 PM
944Play
Pro

The blower is supposed to turn as long as the key is turned. Position "0" is not "off."

The door pin switch must be grounded to turn on the interior light. The other contact opens the power window relay (so you can roll up your windows between the time you remove the key and open the door).

HTH.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:46 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

0 does not mean "off"? BRILLIANT!

So for once I have a non-issue? BRILLIANT!

Hmmm..Okay, looking at the switch there's two contacts, one with one wire on it, one with two wires on it. I guess I can test the window thing to make sure it works (think it does), and ONE of the wires on the other pole is suppossed to be ground, and the other one is live?, or is the one pole ground, and the other two wires on the other side one for window and one for door lights?

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:33 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

Bump -

Can anyone answer my latest question about the grounds?

Thx
Old 06-23-2004, 08:01 PM
DevNull
Advanced

Like to know this myself, mine is the same way. And I agree with you on the switch 0 not being off... weird.

Bump

Quick Reply: AC/Heater fan won't shut off