Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid Ohio this weekend. Hoffman was that your 912?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
Default Mid Ohio this weekend. Hoffman was that your 912?

I was at Mid Ohio yesterday for the Vintage Races. Pretty cool Lots of Porsche 962s(?). Some old school racing. Jaguar XKEs, Minis, Benz, Mustangs, a Pantera, Indy Lights type cars.

I was in the Porsche concours erea and I swear I saw Hoffmans nine-dozen. Was that you? I didnt see you. I caravanned in with a few 911 guys even though I drove the WRX. I was hanging out in the Porsche area corral quite a bit. Car looked exactly like yours.

I have some pics from the event. The concours had some pretty cool cars. A couple old Jags were cherry. This guy outside the concours tent brought his REAL Shelby 427 AC Cobra. The thing was so perfect you could have eaten lunch off the spark plugs. Unbelieveable car. I wouldnt even want to fathom how much it was worth. I also saw a 550 Maranello parked in the general parking lot where I parked. It was just there in between a Camry and a Grand Marquis.

I should have brought the Nine Triple Zero, but I didnt think I was going to fare too well in the car show since I hosed up my tail a bit. There ended up about 30-35 Porsches in the show and there wasnt a SINGLE turbocharged Porsche there. No 951, No 930, No 996TT, NOT A ONE. First time Ive EVER seen that. Now can you see I was kicking myself???

Anyway, it was fun, but the haul from south of Dayton is LONG. Thankfully our caravan takes the back roads. Still. 300 mile round trip for me.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I love that event up there. It is a car guys dream, you never know what you'll see. Jag was the featured marque this year. Porsche was back in '00 or '01 (that was the last time I was there). We were among about 300 P cars parading around the track that day. Can't wait 'til they are featured again.

I love Mid Ohio. I'll be at the Super Bike weekend in July.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:34 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

yup that was me

camped out saturday (froze my butt off and caught a cold from heck) and had to leave about noon on sunday for work

lots of great cars there as always

including a jag xkss 910, 908 long tail, vic skirmants 356 speedster, bobby rahals 908, baby rahals 962,

Last edited by hoffman912; 06-21-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:04 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Yeah you do see everything. I saw a guy polishing and dusting his Mustang GT for an hour, even AFTER the concours. Jeez he was all alone practically and he was just there tending to his baby. Just a regular ol Mustang GT like the other 5 million. To him it was everything.

I didnt realize how many babes are at Mid Ohio. There wasnt jack at Taj, but at Mid Ohio theres a bigger pool to grab from with all the makes there. And most of them werent pcar chicks so they migrated over to the pcar area to take a look at the "real machinery". If only I had a car there I would have been putting up velvet ropes to form a line. Stupid stupid stupid.

Wade-

That chick in the white 911 Targe at Taj. My buddy I tailed up to Mid Ohio goes to a ton of car shows. Shes from Cincy I think. He has seen her everywhere. She said, "she the tall chick dressed like a trailer ***** who thinks her ****bag targa is the greatest thing since sliced bread?" . I said yeah. He couldnt stand her. Funny how she has a rep we didnt even know about.

In the class the pcars were in, the overall winner was a tricked out VR4. I mean, the engine was impressive. All chromed over and modded to Haides, but I dunno. There was a nice 356 that made the finals too along with a nice red 911NA. How the white 928 made it I have no idea because it was a piece of crap. The owner must have bought the judges a season pass to Total Xposure.

Then there was the moron in the aftermarket slantnose NA. Under the Carrera badge in the back he had an "RS" label underneath it. The car was red and the label was off red. Looked like something he made with a handheld label maker. He was a total tool and his ugly significant other needed a bag over her head. The guy even had a quad outlet Ferrari exhaust on it with the Monza stickers in the outpipes.

I asked my car show buddy about it and he said, "I know that guy too. You should have seen that car a year ago if you think its bad now. Hes actually brought it a LONG WAY."

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio this weekend. Hoffman was that your 912?