Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater core leak and door handle seal question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004 | 05:26 PM
ot0tot
5th Gear

Default heater core leak and door handle seal question

I have a 1980 924 Turbo that has been off the road for a year due to some engine problems and a leak. The engine problems seem to have disappeared, and I have finally found the time to locate the leak. The passenger side footwell was often wet and sometimes flooded, and the windshield would fog up terribly when I was driving it. My first guess was the battery tray had corroded, letting water into the passenger compartment and on the heater core. After a little looking around, I found there was a leak in the flange that passes through the firewall that connects the heater core to the rest of the cooling system. I'm pretty sure the part number is 477 819 869, but I'm not exactly sure how to replace it. It looks like the part is a special order from Pelican or Autoatlanta, so who knows how long it will take to get here. If anyone knows an alternate source for it, please let me know.

While I have the interior ripped apart, I also plan on working on the door handles to make them easier to operate Article Here . Does anyone know what the part number for the door handle seals is (the gasket that goes around the door handle on the exterior)?

Also, what about the part number for the rubber straps that hold the air box together?

Thanks,
Elliot

Quick Reply: heater core leak and door handle seal question