Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front coil spring info

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 08:37 PM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Oddjob
But you would not be competitive in class with other race prepped cars with stock suspension.
Hence my original question.

There are three regional races sponsored by Land o' Lakes at BIR this season. Hoping to be ready on time.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:09 AM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tony5
Rose Passion still carries them.
After not having any luck finding these by size (thanks, Spencer), it's Rose Passion to the rescue (I suppose). Ordered. Thank you, Tony, and everybody else who helped here.
The following users liked this post:
Tony5 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 08:52 PM
Tony5
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by curtisr
After not having any luck finding these by size (thanks, Spencer), it's Rose Passion to the rescue (I suppose). Ordered. Thank you, Tony, and everybody else who helped here.
Which ones did you go with?
Funny enough I put off buying from RP for months just because their website format was so foreign to me that I just assumed it was a scam site till I was told otherwise on here. Maybe the French just don't like modern easily used websites?
Old 02-22-2024, 11:56 PM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Which ones did you go with?
Funny enough I put off buying from RP for months just because their website format was so foreign to me that I just assumed it was a scam site till I was told otherwise on here. Maybe the French just don't like modern easily used websites?
To the best of my knowledge Rose Passion has been around for a long time. Admittedly, their choice of name seems rather incongruent. On the other hand, the name reminds me that the French invented eau du toilet.

I decided to get the 220 pound ones. And shortly after I placed the order, I received a message from DHL indicating that they received the package and that I owed a small amount for taxes. The VAT is excluded for foreign orders so the Government here gladly applies it.
Tony5 (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 12:29 AM
Tony5
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by curtisr
To the best of my knowledge Rose Passion has been around for a long time. Admittedly, their choice of name seems rather incongruent. On the other hand, the name reminds me that the French invented eau du toilet.

I decided to get the 220 pound ones. And shortly after I placed the order, I received a message from DHL indicating that they received the package and that I owed a small amount for taxes. The VAT is excluded for foreign orders so the Government here gladly applies it.
Where are you located that you got hit with a VAT replacement tax?

How did you settle on 220lbs?
I burnt a lot of mental calories deciding on spring rate. The 220lb were unavailable when I ordered, and knowing what I know now they probably would've been the sweet spot for my very aggressively street driven car. My only frame of reference is stock (160lb?) and 200lb, but extrapolating from there I think 250lb would be less than ideal on the roads I'm stuck with. On the rare smooth pavement I do wish for a bit more than the 200's though..
Old 02-25-2024, 11:59 AM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Oddjob
I'm not sure what rules in either SCCA or PCA would not allow you to run stock suspension (assuming it is in good serviceable condition)
I hope I didn't give that impression, stock suspension is fine but replacing the entire rear set-up is not in one of the series I'm considering. Can't remember which now...
Old 02-25-2024, 12:05 PM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Where are you located that you got hit with a VAT replacement tax? How did you settle on 220lbs?
Canada. In its place HST tax is applied and the shipping firm will collect it. Normal operating procedure.

Why this amount? Some familiarity. Some recommendations. I've used it before, however, I'm no expert when it comes to suspension set-up. I can easily see making changes based on track design or other factors.
Tony5 (02-25-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 10:40 PM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

From France to Canada in six days.
Tony5 (02-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Front coil spring info