Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning..Triangle Import & Sales in NC...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn people!!!! He said he would drive the car TO HIM for it to be inspected today.

If you guys don't start being a little more friendly then no one is going to want to play with you.

As far as I am concerned, if you have something (to sell or not) 944 related, and even if it is your first post, please post it.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Bart
Nordschleife Master

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

From the ebay'er Jason's feedback:

"Please take a look at my other Porsche gauge auctions all with NO RESERVE!! These are basically give aways vs what these gauges usually bring, I really just want to build my feedbacks."

Always an alterior motive with these guys.

As far as offering to drive the car to him for inspection, I'd say it's too little, too late. But I'm sure Jason will learn from this, right?

BTW Travis, are you the same Travis that is referred to in the Triangle Motors feedback that Jason so proudly points to? Funny there's more than one person sharing the feedback on that account.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:47 AM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bart

BTW Travis, are you the same Travis that is referred to in the Triangle Motors feedback that Jason so proudly points to? Funny there's more than one person sharing the feedback on that account.
This is getting completely out of hand.

Bart,

Travis is a Rennlist sponsor and has the highest level of personal integrity. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Hershey swap meet several months ago. I was very impressed with his generosity and commitment to excellence, particularly as it relates to Rennlist.

I recommend that you find out the facts first before you throw a guy like Travis under the bus.

I have no idea if Travis has done any business with Jason. However, if he (Travis) had, he would only leave good feedback if Jason earned it.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Bart
As far as offering to drive the car to him for inspection, I'd say it's too little, too late. But I'm sure Jason will learn from this, right?

lol, oh inspector gadget... you have found me out. Rennbay and Triangle Motors has begun talks about a stock trade/ merger. Soon we will combine out super powers to take over the 944 community.

I have no affiliation with them. All I know is that if I was truly interested in a car and the stuff listed above happened.... I would take the guy up on the offer to bring to car to me. I would not go bitch about it on Rennlist.

Now on the other hand... if he drove the car to me and it was a total piece of crap... thats another story.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

I thought I had no life because I hang out here while the baby is on the floor sleeping and I'm surfing the TV and web.

The guy made a mistake and tried to fix it. A guy pointed out the mistake and suggested others be on the lookout in case it wasnt a mistake.

reality check kids. if the guy is selling a car, is he intentionally going to **** off a potential customer?

I wanted to strangle the guy i bought my gray S2 from when he wouldnt give me the VIN over the phone. almost hung up too. Wanted to strangle him when he refused to show me the car with a broken mirror until it was fixed.

Get the idea yet? get real kids. you have a grownup car, time for some of you to act like grownups.

would mickey be pissed if the car is all it is said to be plus more and he walked because the guy made an honest mistake. i would have with my S2 if i hung up when he didnt give me the VIN.

wait, ignore everything i just posted. i forgot you guys have never made an honest mistake, and never will. sorry.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Mikey Mason
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again...I never mean't to bash anyone here...just telling of my experience with a dealership not wanting fellow Rennlisters to make the mistake I did having time wasted in the manner it turned out for me.I even complimented his salesman on how polite and apologitic he (the salesman) was.Until Micah posted the link to the previous thread I did not know this car had even been under discussion.I had no idea Jason had posted previously on Rennlist or even if he knew what it was.I simply stated in my email to him I would advise fellow Rennlisters of my experience.I was still interested in the car until I was told that was "childish"...and the comment about the viper's and 911's in the showroom.Not to mention that I was told the car went to the back for state inspection was the reason it was locked in the back.Now I'm not really sure why it needed it again since the pic on the site clearly showed it being valid until '05 and the ad told of it having fresh inspection...With all this being said I'll pass on bidding....and yes Travis it was nice of him to make the offer...and would have checked it out had it not been for the attitude that was taken regarding all of this...and things that were pointed out by the keen sight and knowledge of fellow Rennlisters...

Michael
Old 06-13-2004, 02:54 PM
951Badger
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems the (potential) seller made an honest mistake and genuinely tried to make amends. I agree that calling posting here on Rennlist "playing games on the internet" was out of line but I think the the salesman at the dealership felt he was attacked unjustly. I tend to agree.

With that said, right or wrong, this IS a huge community of well informed Porsche enthusiasts...best not to alienate us or **** us off over a minor misunderstanding.

Rennlist rules!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Bart
Nordschleife Master

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey, whoa, whoa. I was simply asking the question; if more than one person who was sharing an ebay account was the same person that was defending the saleman who has the ***** to call a prospective buyer "childish" and indicate that his business means very little to him since he has all these 911's and Vipers to sell. That's all. If you're about to buy a car from someone who's sharing an account, the feedback is useless since you don't know who's sales it pertains to. Maybe the Travis part of the account has all the glowing feedbacks and the Jason part is not quite as stellar as he tells us it is. The whole theme of this thread is "buyer beware" and I'm just pointing out that names and identities need to be examined and any red flags, like this buyer encountered, need to be taken pretty seriously. I think he did the right thing to warn others and to walk away. We all benefit from that.

And I'm quite certain Travis-sfl raver can defend himself very well, thank you.

Oops. My go-go gadget alarm clock has just gone off.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

...."Brain.... No!!!!".....
Old 06-14-2004, 12:31 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Honest mistake was made. Shouldnt have happened. Poor communication on their end. If they run a tight ship, they brought every salesmen and every guy in the body shop for a short staff meeting in the a.m. and discussed why this happened and how it can be avoided in the future. Delivering the car personally for inspection was a decent amends for the initial failure.

That said, The Renny is going to always put into question every car thats brought the attention of this forum. Every description, every word will be judged on its authenticity. As it should be. Salesmen are in the business of sellings cars that make them money, not you. Were salesmen up front, they would be telling people to never finance cars for 5yrs or buy cars that cost half their entire years salary. But they dont because those are the people who keep them in business. And when they get upside down or get it repossessed, all the better. All that being the case though, I dont blame salesmen for the reputation they have as sheisters. I blame consumers because consumers are the most gullible stupid people on earth and dont do their homework on anything. If you are stupid enough to be taken on Mickey Mouse math because you are too lazy to put some effort into your own self protection, you dont deserve the peace of mind such handiwork affords anyway.

So to answer your question, yes, you can turbocharge an NA.

Quick Reply: Warning..Triangle Import & Sales in NC...