Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Watches

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:53 AM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by UDPride
Id go with an Omega Speedmaster. Id hump a circus midget with a mild case of herpes for one of those puppies.

Being that as it may however, the economy dictates I wear a Swatch chronograph from my duty free shopping in Maui.
lol- you have goooood taste! i bought one for myself for my 30th birthday (now 7 years ago - and i still smile every time i put it on). the only watch certified for flight by NASA - the only watch worn on the moon.

i did a shoot once with Gene Cernan - last man on the moon. he kindly signed my omega leather presentation box. one of my favorite things.....there are few things that feel as good as an automatic on your wrist. (ok...maybe an automatic in your hands.....)
Old 06-09-2004, 01:02 AM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is something that is close to the seiko i like but its fossil...but somethign in that style and type...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...9331&s=jewelry
Old 06-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by UDPride
Id...hump a circus midget with a mild case of herpes for one of those puppies....I wear a Swatch chronograph

I'd hump that midget for your '88 Turbo! Who the hell cares what kind of watch I'm wearing if I'm driving that!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:45 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

You wouldnt want to hump it after tonight. A tire pole with two Fuchs hanging above the car fell down ON the car. Hows this for proof:

The bad: Might cost $2000 if I need a new tail. Emailed the claim to the agent tonight. And I got SIX other tires hanging on tire poles. Im seroiusly thinking of selling my Fuchs now.

The good: As far as I can tell, there isnt a SCRATCH on the car. Unreal. Miracle. No idea how it happened. The tire pole weighs like 8lb and it solid steel. Had it fallen on the car it would have ruined the whole rear end. I think the tires hit the rubber lip only and bounced right off. Nothing even caromed into the car. Im going to have to go over it with a fine toothed comb tomorrow but as of now I cant see a scratch. I mean it boggles the mind. The tire pole looked like it had been eaten by a pack of wolves.

I want to cry.

Quick Reply: OT: Watches