Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PartWerks Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 01:58 AM
FormulaOne10
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been toying with the idea of actually showing up at Partswerks to see what type of shady setup they have. Maybe on a lazy-paced day sometime (although I kinda forgot what one of those was like).
Old 06-15-2004, 12:52 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Update:
First part ever ordered : Received on time.

In return, I ordered a shift bushing and a rear hatch lock seal.

Received the second on time.

The only small complaint is they charge me a standard S&H charge for my Zip instead of gauging the size item they are shipping to me. Therefore all these small inexspensive items I am ordering - S&H is costing me more then the part - plus they put the part in a big box to send.

But please so far with them!

KenC
Old 06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I ordered a clutch alignment tool from them I got a 912 owners manual instead. Oh well I chalked up the $14 bux as a learning experience. Emailed them a few times got the run around, I said heck with it.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:39 PM
BMWM3PORSCHE944
Racer

they are rip off artists. I am VERY suprised they emailed you back.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:18 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Don't order/bid/win/buy their 944 carpet replacement kit !!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY THIS CARPET--eBAY LINK

I did (1 year ago).

It sucks.

Comes drop shipped from "Trim Parts" in OK.

Had to have my upholstery shop install it. They said it was a total POS.

Looks/smells better than the old carpet, but I could have done better by letting the upholstery shop order and install aftermarket carpet.

BTW...it took 2 months to get it after winning the auction....
Old 06-29-2004, 07:46 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Update:
Remember those 3 parts I ordered? I received the first two, but the third hasn't been received!

Remember the email I sent them when I ordered Stating that I wasn't to confident in that they were going to correctly complete or ship my order. I was assured by a return email that there victim of a few bad experiences and due to the negative influence of a few the Co. has obtained a "bad rap"

Well, just got this other email from them in response to "Where is my third part ordered?"

I did not see that this had shipped. All I could find was that they had shipped was an inner shift boot and a shift lever bushing. They said they thought that it was in one of those boxes but as the auction is still showing open I don't think that they did. I will have one of these shipped out to you tomorrow and I offer my apologies as well as free shipping on the next thing you should buy. Please remind me of the shipping as with as many emails as I deal with my mind by be gone and I will forget otherwise. While I know that free shipping is not much considering that you had to wait for this item but it is all I personally can do for you to make amends.
Thank you
Kathy

HERE IS WHAT YOU GUYS CAN DO TO MAKE AMENDS..TAKE THE EFFORT THE FIRST TIME TO GET THINGS RIGHT. WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR EXCUSES AND REPEATED POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES.

And how about shipping that part out to me overnight to show that your concerned! Nope haven't got it yet..Its the 30th

I think this was a great test for all others like me, saying "Hey, they have never done anything to me, I think I'll order and see" We have all read the searches and many posts on them. But here I stated neutral ordered a few parts, listened to their reasons why they are getting a bad rap. Email them and tell them of my order and I'm not real comfortable, telling them I am writing about their service in Rennlist to others....And whats the result ?
ANOTHER "HEY WERE SORRY, WHAT CAN WE DO TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU"
I think this is case closed on this Co. there shouldn't be another wondering Rennlister who should ever question whether or not to order from them..
It's official "they suck!"
I have copied this rennlist post to an email back to partwerks. Telling them to look at this website and search under their name and see how people are fed up with their service and excuses!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried Partwerks back in 1998 and they sent me a pile of junk. So did Oklahoma foreign. Never again for both of them.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I'm EBAYing, as soon as I see the familiar Partswerkz layout, I close the window. It still takes forever to load images and they are overpriced. I haven't purchased anything from them and probably never will..

Quick Reply: PartWerks Chicago