Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slightly OT: Printing

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 12:37 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slightly OT: Printing

if youve not seen my other current topic, Im trying to cover a whole wall with a photo (porsche poster, so its kinda related) But trying to figure out how to get the printer to print continuously?? I found i can get suitable paper in 100ft lenghts, but how to get the printer to print what ever length i need? i dont see any "custom length" settings

cheapest price i could find was $5-$6 a square ft for large formate printing so i figure I could do it cheaper myself
Old 06-08-2004, 06:15 AM
pa944red
Rennlist Member

I work at an engineering firm with a large format plotter. Up to 36" wide and something like 300' long, that is when the paper runs out. I do not know what kind of printer you are using, but of the six printers and plotter we have had here, only the large format plotter has a driver with the ability to print custom lengths beyond a full sheet of paper.

If you take a color image to a printing shop expect to get hosed. Is that quote of $5-6 a square foot for a laser or inkjet plotter? And what kind of paper were they printing to?

If you have an image file, of any type, send it my way tkilko@cedg.net with the dimensions of the final product you were looking for and I will see what I can do. If you send a zip file, change the "p" to a "w" in the extension, if you don't my firewall will remove it from the message.

Tom
Old 06-08-2004, 09:48 AM
rwodabek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey M, have you seen this site ?

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

The Rasterbator is a web service which creates huge rasterized pictures out of relatively small image files. The pictures can be assembled into extremely cool looking posters up to 5 meters in size! Enter the gallery to see what the images look like.

Richard
Old 06-08-2004, 12:16 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

that would be sweet Tom, i actually have to get the image, if i can, but heres a pic of it .

that rasterbator is cool i might use it for some other stuff but this pic needs to look as good as possible, especially since its slightly blurred as it is, the rasterbator would make this image unrecognizable
Old 06-08-2004, 12:17 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

i want to make it feel like your standing on the track

Quick Reply: Slightly OT: Printing