Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Shot on Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 10:56 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last Shot on Bulbs

I need to get Devon some high performance 55/60 bulbs for his new Cibies, a graduation present.

I don't have any of those on hand so will have to order and get hit with the the extra shipping which we will split. But if anyone wants other bulbs like the 90/100 H4s, 50% boosted Osram BiLux 55/60 H4s, 30% boosted 55/60 H4s, H3s or 35 watt halogen #1156 for stop, backup and underhood lights, let me know. Or any other bulbs for that matter. I'll be putting the order in this week.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:10 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Hey Dan - I got mine 35 watters from you in the mail the other day, i've yet to install them but i wanted to say thanks in advance as im sure they'll be more than i expected!

Thanks!
Erich
Old 06-08-2004, 12:45 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Erich, Those come in a plastic bag inside the box. make sure you grab the bulb glass with the bag in between your fingers and insert and twist to lock in. If you screw up and touch the glass with your finger oil wipe off the glass with straight alcohol or acetone. Don't use the drinking stuff unless it is EverClear 195 proof. And don't use finger nail polish remover as that has fats to try and replace all the original fats the acetone removed so your girl's nails don't crumble to dust.

It really isn't all that complicated as long as you keep your bare mitts off the glass.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:06 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will go for the stop, backup and under hood lamps.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:05 AM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Dan,

I mailed you a check last week for the all-the-running-lights-and-mega-reverse-and-turn-light kit (I left my check book at home when I went cross country...otherwise I would have gotten it to you sooner)...did you ever recieve it?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:54 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Rich, I e-mailed you asking what you wanted to do and that evening your check showed up. hehehe

Anyway, I mailed your package off on the 5th to your parents' house so you should see it in the next couple days. It will probably be there today, actually.

Jon, Ok, (5) x $6.75 = 38.75 plus say 5.00 for the shipping and packing material to SanFran. You can PayPal it to me at wraydan@msn.com or e-mail me at the same and I will give you the street address to just send a check. I can send these off to you right away as I had some spares held for the family but since I need to order more anyway you can have these that are on hand.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Dan, are there any boosted 9006 in the catalog?

Sam
Old 06-08-2004, 03:32 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Sam, well you can get good 9006s that put out light at the top end of the legal range of 1150. Look at your bulbs on the base and tell me who made them.

Other than that, you are pretty much SOL. There are some Asian plants cooking up higher wattage 9006 but that is a sure road to disaster. Bad bulbs, too much heat, melts all the plastic. In those applications there is a lot of plastic close in.

Sorry, but that is the deal. I called my bulb supplier about this and he said forget it. He moves many millions of bulbs a month and is the supplier to many companies that repack and sell to guys like PepBoys and AutoZone. When he says "forget it" , I take note.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine too Dan, thank you very much
Old 06-08-2004, 08:07 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Dan, access/cost? on the silver turnsignal bulbs for the clear signals on my car. I may need 2 sets.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Dan I need you to tell me what i need here bulbwise, but tell me the total and ill just shoot it over via paypal- 2 reverse bulbs and 2 foglight bulbs, also what is the decent headlight upgrade so i dont have to rewire anything? just email me my total or whatever, ill pay that day.
exceed19@aol.com

thanks Dan,
x944x
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Could you get some 100 watt H3's? If so how much would it cost.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:23 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan, I should have have a spare pair of 55/60 at home if you need 'em a little quicker, I'll be home tomorrow.

The Prussian in me likes to be orderly and prepared.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:16 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Paul, thanks but I now need to order some clean-up bulbs anyway. That shipping problem seems to be gone, well at least spread thin over many items, which is why I started the thread. I originally was thinking about the double ship charges being almost as much as the bulbs were worth. Say, how are those halogen 1157s working in your bike? If your friend wants a pair for his bike I can add that to this order.

Scott, those silver 1157 turnsignal bulbs are a problem. Th only ones that are worth a crap are the Sylvania SilverStars. Sylvania sent me a sample that I have in my clear lenses but I don't think I can get any more through normal distribution unless I order a couple hundred. They are keeping a choke hold on distribution and charging an arm and a leg for them. Like $20 for a pair. Sylvania is using the same technology as their parent, Osram, to coat them. Unfortunately, Osram doesn't make these in the 1157 so I don't think I can get them for a cheaper price. When I put this bulb order in I will ask and get you 4 if I can get a good deal. And "good deal" might be 6 or 7 bucks per bulb.

x944x, I email you on what you want to consider but we need to reach a conclusion fast as you want some 55/60 H4s for the Cibie lenses. I usually deal with the 90/100 overwatt bulbs that need the rewiring so don't carry an inventory of the 55/60s. Which is why this thread was started. Look for my e-mail.

Neon Driver, I have plenty, well at least 20, of german Philips 100 watt H3s laying on my shelf. These are probably the best in the world. They are $7 each. Shipping should be 4 to 5 bucks depending on how many you want.

Schlicten, bulbs like what? You probably mean H3s and are thinking about 100 watters. Yes, you can put them in your fogs but if you ever actually come across fog this is not a good choice. The 100 watt bulbs are so bright that they will backscatter light off the water droplets and hurt your night vision. Which is not what you want in a fog condition. But many guys want to use the fogs as a "sweeper" light in front and to the side of the car rather than true fogs. So I've sort of given up on preaching on 100 watt in fogs and let the guys do what they want. The 100 watt H3s are $7 each and the 55 watt are $5. Plus a few bucks in shipping. These are German manufacture bulbs by Phillips/Narva or Osram, not some cheap offshore Asian bulb.

OK, that should take care of things.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Scott, those silver 1157 turnsignal bulbs are a problem. Th only ones that are worth a crap are the Sylvania SilverStars. Sylvania sent me a sample that I have in my clear lenses but I don't think I can get any more through normal distribution unless I order a couple hundred. They are keeping a choke hold on distribution and charging an arm and a leg for them. Like $20 for a pair. Sylvania is using the same technology as their parent, Osram, to coat them. Unfortunately, Osram doesn't make these in the 1157 so I don't think I can get them for a cheaper price. When I put this bulb order in I will ask and get you 4 if I can get a good deal. And "good deal" might be 6 or 7 bucks per bulb.
Hey Dan if they turn out to be that kind of price of the 6 or 7 bucks for these, count me in also please, and im pretty sure these are what I have in my front turn signals are the 1157's..on my N/A..? Anyways count me in...Also if you end up getting more of those smaller amber bulbs you sent me before for my side markers....You can count me in for a spare set....!

Thank's Again...

DAmian

Last edited by Lead Foot 944; 06-09-2004 at 02:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Last Shot on Bulbs