Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got a garage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 02:31 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Finally got a garage!!!

YES!

Finally, after a YEAR in this place, I'm finally getting a garage space! It'll be available on May 31 (boo-yah!) This will probably come in VERY handy as a spot for future t-belt parties and such, although the details of what I'm allowed to do / what I can get away with have yet to be discovered. The management of this building is pretty darned laizez-faire about everything else, so I imagine as long as we didn't make a huge mess or get someone else's car dirty or anything, nobody would rat us out, but I'll have to feel that one out. I'll probably have to sign the typical B.S. about "I won't work on my car in there", but you know I care a whole lot about that - NOT!

There are five spaces total in the building, so hopefully I'll end up with one on the end - I'd probably have a little more room for tool storage and less likely to have a neighbor get annoyed that car parts are strewn around next to where they park (I'm pretty sure these don't have walls between the stalls, unfortunately). I have one neighbor that is totally cool - he wouldn't mind at all (he's a car guy and has two of the five spaces), another neigbor that probably wouldn't care one way or the other as long as it didn't affect his car (he's okay, quiet guy) - the other two including whoever is moving out to generate the opening - I don't know. I just hope there's enough room in there to do some work without getting cramped in next to someone else's car who'd get p.o.-ed with people brushing up against it all the time trying to get any work done. I'll keep all the West Coast Wrenchers people posted. . .

Heck, even if I can only get away with doing "little stuff" in there (no engine pulls or rear-end swaps), that's a HELL of a lot better than I have now, which is nothing!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, it's good to hear that another " Garage Challenged " person scores one.

I miss my 2 story house w/ 2 car garage. I used to do minor work on my truck back then. It would come in REAL handy nowadays.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:02 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Doesn't sound like you have seen the garage yet since you are not sure if there are walls between the stalls. The big problem with many apartment garages in a common areas is that there is no power outlet. Being inside that makes it a real PITA to get good light to work by. So check that out.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Z-man
Race Director

This thread is worthless without pictures....
-Z.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll post some when I can; I think they have outlets (I've been in my neighbor's talking to him about his car - he has a nice 1969 Chevelle SS). If not, I can run an extension out the window because of where my apt. is; I'd just have to reel it up when done. I'm just happy to have such a facility now - better than doing it on the street and having to worry about people ripping off your tools whenever you have to run in and get a bottle of water or take a leak or whatever. Otherwise, you have to spend 20 minutes cleaning up and securing everything. One way or another, I'm sure it'll be made to work.

Quick Reply: Finally got a garage!!!