Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent Mod's - Lot's 'o Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 05:39 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say about those wheels is *BLING BLING*!!
Old 05-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt H. - Yeah, don't know what to say, I guess opinions are like asholes, everyone's got one :> )

Yup, I know what you mean. FWIW, the car looks very nice. Just that polished wheels dont do it for me.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Matt, I re-read what I responded - I didn't mean it to come off sounding edgy or mad, but it did - sorry. I'm teasing you, of course.

White wheels don't do it for me either, but it doesn't keep me from admiring them on the right car; as part of a well conceived whole.

I've had this argument with "car guys" for a long time. A lot fo them don't agree but I think there are a few (very few, but still a few) Ricers and Low Riders that I really do admire. That's almost a blasphemous statement here on Rennlist, I'll probably get flamed. But I know what it takes to conceive a finished car, assemble parts, finance it and build it and have it come together like you intended.

Of course, I never want to own a Ricey style car or a Low Rider, but I have seen a few that I will tip my hat to. The guy has made an admirable effort. In the end, aren't we all "car guys" anyway, just different sub-cultures? I think so.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Pretty nice for being 15 yr old phone dials.....! Now its time to move on to some other stuff, like some 968 stuff.....! To go with the new wheels....!

DAmian
Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Damian, I want a 968 temperature sensor to go in place of the clock (which still works just fine) does that count? The only other thing I want off a 968 is, well, the engine!!

But since that's not likely, I'll just keep polishing my "slow lover". She's more like 17 years old now (almost legal!) and I seem to be appreciating her more, despite her slower manner.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Nice it counts...... And keep doing more mods....Dont stop....

DAmian
Old 05-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

So Damian, let me ask. Since you obviously have a lot of money and labor tied up in your car (which is beautiful, by the way) and which with an NA means you'll never approach getting it out again (as with most cars but more so with ours). Do you really mean you will "never stop"?

Much as I love my car, I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't be doing all this to maybe a 911 or something. I love 911's, it's just that one did not fall in my lap when this 944 did. If I had a 911 - any era, I am sure I'd doing the same little-by-little perpetual improvement process. But with those cars, you MAY recoup some of your money if you ever sell it. It HAS occured to me to bite the bullet and sell my car in favor of a 911. It's just I know I'd get nothing for her and no one would value her like I do. What are your longer term plans?
Old 05-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Hey DAn,

let me tell you a little story......When I bought my car it was F&%ked Up....SO i started little by little fixing things....Just to drive from A to B..But then after about 2 yrs of owning it I began to gain more interest in the car...So I began to buy parts here and there and so forth...Now its to the point where the only thing left to do on the car is put a Turbo Motor in it....and an Albert Front End, and rear coil-overs....You see I just cant stop...But I am getting to the point of where I am ready for another car to do...So my next project...A 911 or 968.......Iwill find one all beat to hell and the same thing to it that I did to the 944.......The way I look at it is maybe by the time im 60 or so I will have a garage full of cars that are mint and restored by me and ready to be enjoyed on some crazy road in the middle of nowhere..... Thats My dream and Im sticking to it....

But more or less its a hobby for me, and when you do all the work yourself, and only pay for parts, that helps alot also......

Oh and by the way I only really started to buy crazy stuff, like the 968RST Spoiler, 968 handles and mirrors, making myown Tailight Lenses and so on until I found Rennlist, had I not found Rennlist over half the stuff I have done to my car, would not of been...

So Rennlist is to Blame for My 944 Addiction....

DAmian
Old 05-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, Rennlist is ENTIRELY the source of my addiction.

I am older than you and bought my car as a result of going through a divorce after 20 years married and losing EVERYTHING. Had to sell my car too (black '95 Volvo 850T-R). A friend had my 944 in their garage undriven for 6-7 years, flat cheapo discount tire store tires, 59,200 miles with NO service. I flatbedded her out of the mountains...because Rennlsit guys told me not to attempt to start her with the original T belt and 60K on the clock.

They were right of course, but then I needed all belts , hose, filters, tuneup, battery etc, etc. I spent a fortune towing her and getting her running. And then I found out it needed motor mounts, and AC replacement, and, and, and. I've probably got $11,000 in her and have only owned her about 3+ years! She's worth, what? $5 or 6K if I am VERY lucky? Like I said, sometimes I think it should have been a beater 911 I found.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan, no problem, I knew you were kidding.

At least they are polished and not chrome :>)

FWIW, one of my first cars was a lowrider Cadillac.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:04 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Incredible cam and rims. Very nice work.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

GoBogie - Thanks. I like them. I will post pix of the engine once it is all done. Will probably take a month or more. No rush I suppose.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:55 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Dan, would you mind PM'ing me with the aprox. cost of the cam tower polish job. It looks incredible.

BTW, your car is a beautiful testament to these cars.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:17 PM
TaylorSea4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, John D. beat me to it- I was gonna say there's probably no need to apologize for kick-*** pics! Despite being only 33, I was raised on in the older school of chrome and pollish and loud headers. I drove a mulletted Camaro in high school; which considering the pre-rice mini-truck craze at the time, I am grateful for.

They REALLY look good, man. Very cool story about how ya saved her, too. Pollish never comes off as blingy to me. I think it shows off aluminum's natural beauty, even IF you've got some goofy sidewalled tires!
Old 05-22-2004, 01:51 AM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

ELLSSUU - PM coming.

Taylor - Thanks for your comments. Ironically, it is BECAUSE I bought her under trying personal circumstances and brought her back from the edge that I almost feel disloyaql or something about the idea of ever selling her. She carried me through no money, marital debt and attorney's fees, having no house, etc. Now that's all over, times are good, I bought an old house and restored it too! So this car is a sort of talisman that remins me to rememvber where ?I was so recently.

Plus she's not worth much to anyone but me. The only way of ever getting my "money's worth" is to enjoy driving her. Maybe I'll do that AND buy a 911 - there, we figured it out!!

Quick Reply: Recent Mod's - Lot's 'o Pic's