Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flexible matte paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 02:05 PM
a.n.other
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flexible matte paint

Hi all,

I've decided the dazzling glare from my extra shiny plastic dash cover is no longer acceptable, so i can either ditch the cover and live with huge crevasses in my dash or i can try and paint my dash cover with some matte paint or polish to deaden the glare, or i can look for a new matte dash cover.

Does anyone know some good flexible matte paint/polish/anything to use that won't crack when i bend the dashcover to put it in and out (i'm banking on it will have to come out sometime in the future to get at the gauges etc) and will be ok sitting in the glaring sunshine?

Thanks in advance,
Old 05-14-2004, 02:25 PM
nineeagles
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the new paint by krylon....I can't remember the name but it is for plastic and it is flexible....I have used the dupli-color flat black and it looks good and you can even put vinyl condioner on it .....Meguire's new vinyl condioner shines just a little with first coat and more with addtional coats but it gets a little too shine with more than one coat

Quick Reply: flexible matte paint