Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aventurine 968

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 09:45 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsboost
Did twice. No response
Maybe send a PM to Rob or Hacker?
Old 04-07-2023, 09:51 PM
Ufnavy06
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsboost
So I’ve been on here since 2002 and I’ve had a bunch of cars but my account was deleted so I’m a newbie again I guess.

It’s been 10 years since I’ve owned a pcar that I wasn’t flipping while I built and tracked the #fauxmoco mustang also “ the official mustang of 944fest” it sold recently and I knew I needed another water pumper. I looked at a bunch of turbos but this time I really wanted a 968. I called Elliot Grafton if 944barn and he gave me a list of cars but the only one I wanted was this green 968 with cashmire unterior, 6spd with 42,000 miles!! He explained it had an interesting past but being a car builder I decided to move forward. Inspection of the car showed nearly no evidence of a crash and im pretty good at spotting things.
While waiting I started ordering parts and got all the engine maintenace parts for front and top of the motor, koni sport shocks and inserts f/r, a drop on coilover kit up front with 350lb spring and 30mm rear t bars. I found a set of three piece 17” wheels here on marketplace and several other small bits.

I picked up the car a two weeks ago and found some starter cable issues so rebuilt the starter harness and she starts great. Drove it one time to work and broke the trans mount 😫 but I know why. Took it up to the dmv to get the title process started because it’s going to take a minute. Here’s why…

The car was purchased in Allentown PA 9-28-94 and very soon after was totaled. Front end collision. From there it gets a bit fuzzy but soon after the shop that fixed it found a matching Aventurine green 1995 968 (auto with grey int) and spliced the whole front clip into this car. The work was well done, splitting the pinch weld back to the center of the door and straight across rocker to rocker. A pillars were clipped up high and also very well done. This left no paint work to do under the hood or trunk and minimal in between. Being a paint snob the roof looks not great but most of the rest is either original or pretty nice. I’ll prob respray the car at some point anyway. That leads me to the trans mount. I guess it broke in the wreck and was tig welded nicely but didn’t hold up. Otherwise besides needing some typical rubber replaced it’s very nice.

This week I dug in to both researching more history and installing my shiny parts. Torsion bars and shocks are in. Front coilovers and koni inserts are done. Ride height is now more relaxed which only raises the attitude. I have some engine work to dig into, buffing to do on the paint for now and maybe I can reduce the seats due to a little wear but no matter what in March the wife and I will be driving it to Amelia island in March for the Werkes reunion and Radwood. Can’t wait!! Also see you at 944fest can’t miss that.

Dan, it was good talking to you last week at Cars and Coffee. Sorry I didn't drive my 968 but I'm planning on going tomorrow for a bit and I'll drive mine.

Hopefully, I'll see you there.
Old 04-07-2023, 09:52 PM
Xsboost
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hoping to see you there
The following users liked this post:
Ufnavy06 (04-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Aventurine 968