Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door window weatherstripping - part number?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 07:42 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Door window weatherstripping - part number?

Recently I decided that while my 968 was in the body shop getting a minor scrape fixed, I'd have them replace some failing door window weatherstripping while they were at it.
Looking at the PDF PET at the Porsche classic site, I came to the conclusion the part I needed was "477 837 469 A Sealing strip /L Outer" as seen here: #8
I figured I'd buy four, as I decided to do both my 968 and 924S... I ordered both left and right sides.

It doesn't seem like it would be #6, as that appears to be the black metal strip that is directly below the weatherstripping.

However, when I received my part, it was the correct part number, but clearly NOT the outer weatherstripping, but the felt scraper that goes on the door card, on the inside of the window. Apparently, that's made of of two different parts, an inner and an outer rubber strip.

Not even remotely close to this weatherstripping....and much too long.

I also figured I'd look for this weatherstipping as well, along the top and side of the window, but it isn't clear what part number that would be, either.

What part number are those? Anyone know?

Last edited by WolfeMacleod; 07-17-2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2022, 07:18 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfeMacleod
Recently I decided that while my 968 was in the body shop getting a minor scrape fixed, I'd have them replace some failing door window weatherstripping while they were at it.
Looking at the PDF PET at the Porsche classic site, I came to the conclusion the part I needed was "477 837 469 A Sealing strip /L Outer" as seen here: #8
I figured I'd buy four, as I decided to do both my 968 and 924S... I ordered both left and right sides.

It doesn't seem like it would be #6, as that appears to be the black metal strip that is directly below the weatherstripping.

However, when I received my part, it was the correct part number, but clearly NOT the outer weatherstripping, but the felt scraper that goes on the door card, on the inside of the window. Apparently, that's made of of two different parts, an inner and an outer rubber strip.

Not even remotely close to this weatherstripping....and much too long.

I also figured I'd look for this weatherstipping as well, along the top and side of the window, but it isn't clear what part number that would be, either.

What part number are those? Anyone know?
when it come to this sort of stuff i go to IAN 944 online.. i put new ones of these on my car and the fit is a pain in the butt. As ed china would say… a lot of fiddling… good luck
Old 07-26-2022, 05:02 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

I purchased all the door/window seals last year and you received the correct part if the part you want to replace is the lower, outer window seal. When I got mine, the 477 number was superseded to PCG 837 469 A, which I think is a Porsche Classic part. The black metal trim attaches to this item. I have not installed any of these pieces as I only purchased them for future use, but I just now checked the length, and it looks fine.

For the top window seal, which is also the top window guide (which also includes the rear piece... the picture does not match what you get), you want item #4 from below. Item #2 are the seals you already purchased. The P/Ns for #4 are 944 537 079 00 and 080 00. These window guides accept the black metal trim pieces, item #5 in your image. Item #9 in your image is the same L/R and is the inner window seal.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:06 AM
tempest411
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 150 Posts

I bought the set from 944Online and they worked fine.

Quick Reply: Door window weatherstripping - part number?