Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone been to BeaveRun Motorsports Complex?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts
Question Anyone been to BeaveRun Motorsports Complex?

I'm going to be there on May 5th. Just curious if anyone has any experience with the place. Maybe someone here has been there for track days or an autocross or a rallycross? Any comments, good or bad, will be welcome.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:11 AM
nineeagles
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been there a few times for the PCA race and autocross last year....I didn't compete though.....track looks great but there are no bleachers yet (at least when I was there)....
Old 04-27-2004, 10:52 AM
TKS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I autocrossed and tracked my mostly stock Integra there right after it opened up. The autocross lot was fantastic, first time I've been to a dedicated autocross lot, and it was tons of fun. The track was great too, though I don't have any other tracks to compare it to (yet!). It's fairly short since they only have the north course complete, but there are some good elevation changes and a few challenging technical corners that make for a good time. Poorly guesstimated lap times for me were in the low-mid 1:20s on Falken Azenis, I was one of the faster novice drivers (probably because of the tires).

When I went, it was pretty much the track, the parking lot, and a couple of port-a-johns, though I don't know what they have done since then. There's also a go-kart track with karts available for rental. Overall a great new track; I was impressed for my first track day. Anything else specific you wanted to know?
Old 04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Scott,
Can you keep us posted on your experience? I'm going there in late June, and would love to have the heads up.

-Jon
Old 04-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally posted by Jon Moeller
Scott,
Can you keep us posted on your experience? I'm going there in late June, and would love to have the heads up.

-Jon
Jon,

I am going there as a guest of SAE to evaluate BeaveRun's "Applied Vehicle Dynamics Academy". It is a professional development program for engineers in the auto industry. Should be an interesting experience. I hope to bring back some information that will help my company (and myself) evaluate vehicles better.
On a more selfish note - I am interested in learning more about their facilities, etc. for the eventuality that I may compete there in rallycrosses, rally sprints, time trials or track days.
I will provide a short summary to Rennlist when I return.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

I plan on spending every weekend this coming summer at Beaverun, but I haven't actually been there yet.

Quick Reply: Anyone been to BeaveRun Motorsports Complex?