Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you buy at Hershey

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004 | 09:53 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Default What did you buy at Hershey

Well, I've concluded that I'm addicted and I'm ready to admit it. Here's the picture showing the proof (the proof being this year's Hershey bounty).

Let's see we've got a rear hatch carpet, early center console, early sunroof lifting mechanism, script rear seat bottom, pair of door handles, hood crest, lifetime supply of intake manifold gaskets (40 to be exact), oil pressure relief valve, gas cap cover and flap, seat *****, speed and reference sensors, non-cruise control turn signal/wiper controls, a few Porsche Support Vehicle stickers, turbo front under bumper cover, turbo header panel, radiator hose, turbo foglight housing, some heat shields, some shift ***** for some projects, and finally the splurge that wiped out the rest of my money, the 968 rear hatch with spoiler. Today was a good day.
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:06 PM
dmsog
Instructor

Joe;

I saw that hatch. He wanted one large for it, didn't he? I bought an interior mirror with the day/night thingie working, the rubber spacers that go behind the front plate, a side lamp inner cover for the rear, a p/s fluid reservoir, and a good working jack and handle.
Had all I could do to not buy a set of wheels while I was there.
Regarding your other post on my dissapointment with the day, that's not true. I had a fine time, I just wish there was more vendors. As previously stated, I'll be back next year.
I have to remain incognito at these events, so the camaraderie thing doesn't work for me. I'm an LT1-er, remember. Not held in the highest esteem by what seems like the vast majority of Rennlisters.

Doug
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:09 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doug, don't let it get you down - the LT1 rocks!

Sam
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:11 PM
Bhj0887
Pro

Damn, I really need on of those turbo under bumper covers and driverside foglight, too bad the bumper thing is like 300 and I'm broke.
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:15 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Hey, I was thinking of posting the same thing. I got an early brown good looking dash(I think from either you or the guys in the same space as you!), a set of the 6 bladed fans, and a complete external oil cooler setup from a turbo. The buy of the day for me was a set of never run early pistons and rods. I bought them from Chris White of 944 Enhancement. He said he picked them up from a Porsche mechanic school, where they were just put together, taken apart, installed and uninstalled. They look sweet!
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:17 PM
dmsog
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sam Lin
[B]Doug, don't let it get you down - the LT1 rocks!

...it doesn't get me down, it's just much easier to travel in a circle with like-minded people....and since most (generally) topics of discussion between members leans towards the mechanical we really don't have much to talk about.
We appreciate the cars in different ways.

Doug
Hot ****! I broke 100 posts!
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:24 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Yes, he was asking $1000 but he didn't get it

Next time, stop by and say hi (assuming you figured out which booth I was at by what I was selling). I'd like to check out your conversion.

Originally posted by dmsog
Joe;

I saw that hatch. He wanted one large for it, didn't he? I bought an interior mirror with the day/night thingie working, the rubber spacers that go behind the front plate, a side lamp inner cover for the rear, a p/s fluid reservoir, and a good working jack and handle.
Had all I could do to not buy a set of wheels while I was there.
Regarding your other post on my dissapointment with the day, that's not true. I had a fine time, I just wish there was more vendors. As previously stated, I'll be back next year.
I have to remain incognito at these events, so the camaraderie thing doesn't work for me. I'm an LT1-er, remember. Not held in the highest esteem by what seems like the vast majority of Rennlisters.

Doug
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:25 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Ok, I walked up right as that sale was made. You were dealing with my dad but one of my friends was the owner of the dash. Thanks for taking that off our hands so I had room for all of my stuff in the truck!

Originally posted by Ken
Hey, I was thinking of posting the same thing. I got an early brown good looking dash(I think from either you or the guys in the same space as you!), a set of the 6 bladed fans, and a complete external oil cooler setup from a turbo. The buy of the day for me was a set of never run early pistons and rods. I bought them from Chris White of 944 Enhancement. He said he picked them up from a Porsche mechanic school, where they were just put together, taken apart, installed and uninstalled. They look sweet!
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:27 PM
car_slave
Pro

New fog light $15
temp control switch/computer unit $40
16" late offset PD's with newish tires $400

Joe, how much did you get that rear lid for? Where you able to talk him down.
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:30 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn! I saw that hatch! I wanted it!! but not for 1K!

All I ended up buying was some hood shocks for the 951 and 911 and a shirt.
Could not find the few items I was looking for.

It was great to see many of my fellow Rennlister, somehow I never got to say hi to you Joe.
Got a chance to check out John D's 993, Niiiice!
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:33 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

I hate admitting my deals (just in case I try to resell it) so promise me you won't snitch , but I got it for $800 including the turbo fog housing and radiator hose. I tried for $700 but he wouldn't budge. Still a good deal especially since it was either try to find another 944 hatch with good glass and spoiler or get the current one redone and find a good spoiler for it. It's for my dad's car so he's excited.

Originally posted by car_slave
Joe, how much did you get that rear lid for? Where you able to talk him down.
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:35 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

I was in and out of my booth all day long buying up anything I thought I might need some day. Were you with Deitz? Any chance you were one of the 951's going down the turnpike at around 4pm? If you were, you passed me in my Suburban full of parts.

Originally posted by Marc Gelefsky
Damn! I saw that hatch! I wanted it!! but not for 1K!

All I ended up buying was some hood shocks for the 951 and 911 and a shirt.
Could not find the few items I was looking for.

It was great to see many of my fellow Rennlister, somehow I never got to say hi to you Joe.
Got a chance to check out John D's 993, Niiiice!
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:41 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Joe Jackson
I was in and out of my booth all day long buying up anything I thought I might need some day. Were you with Deitz? Any chance you were one of the 951's going down the turnpike at around 4pm? If you were, you passed me in my Suburban full of parts.

I was with my girl, I didn't take my 951 it's getting a water pump and I did not feel like driving the 911 in the pouring rain.
Drive down in a Hummer H2 that I have access to, it just felt WRONG to be there in that monstrosity!
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:44 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Joe Jackson
Ok, I walked up right as that sale was made. You were dealing with my dad but one of my friends was the owner of the dash. Thanks for taking that off our hands so I had room for all of my stuff in the truck!
No problem! Here's the dash its going to replace:

I call the big crack by the steering wheel the "Grand Canyon".
Old 04-24-2004 | 11:27 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

This is exactly why I don't go to Hershey... I know I would buy everything in site!

Quick Reply: What did you buy at Hershey