Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie clutch question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 01:13 PM
sirchioi
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie clutch question?

hello all
im in need for a new/used clutch for my 87 944s (im on an extreamly tight budget due to having to buy a replacement head off of e-bay that ended up in worse shape than the one that came with the car, so used clutch is a possibility at this point, hell, even free if any wants to donate!) and i will be heading down to the swapmeet in hershey this weekend. was hoping to take the car. and busted my butt and budget to do it but the same day i got her running good the clutch went, maybe i got it going to good...na. i was just hoping that someone could tell me how would i be able to easily identify the correct clutch plate and or pressure plate for a 944s. i havnt torn mine apart yet so i have no reference to compare to. i have read that the pressure plate are the same for s and s2. the clutch disk is the same for all 944na, but i also read that the early na disk is different than late na. and 951 is different than the others as well. but none of that stuff does me any good when i don't know what one looks like compared to the other. i really don't want to get the wrong one and find out the hard way. not to mention that i would just be out the money with no way to return it. so something simple would be appreciated. thank you all.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:25 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.pelicanparts.com

www.paragon-products.com

I'm trying to figure thisstuff out too, but you should be able to find more info from those links. I think the N/A cars are both 228mm in diameter, and also the late 944 and the 944S use the same PP and disc.

I am not 100% certain, but I think I remember seeing clutch applications listed for both the 8v and 16v, 87+ as the same part. At any rate, check out the links!

Quick Reply: newbie clutch question?