Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Sunroof Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 12:41 AM
billatlanta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 944 Sunroof Question

Well I must ask another question to this board to add to my moronic 944 questions of the past:

How to you reinstall the sunroof. I never remove it, however my daughter will remove and reinstall it on a regular basis. I am trying to reinstall the roof however once it hooks I have a small gap to the rear of the sun roof even though the front is snug and I can latch it. Any ideas? What did I break on it?? What a putz.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The procedure is detailed in the owner's manual pretty thoroughly, but in case you don't have one you basically (to remove) turn the key to the first click (not the "run" position, the one just before it) and then push the switch. You should hear the rear latches retract. You can then push up on the back from inside the car. Once you have it more or less vertical, undo the two "flip" latches at the front and pull straight up.

(With apologies to Haynes) Installation is opposite of removal.

Just make sure she actually engages the rear latches once it's back on or else it's liable to get "sucked" open. I suppose in an extreme case it could get sucked off of the car, but I've never heard of it happening.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well you need to slide the roof over the wind defelctor. Close the two foward latches by the sunvisors. The usage of the switch however is very different for everyones cars. I dont know the specifics, but on my '87 924S, the car either needs to be running or the key in the on position. Now you need to raise the rear lifting (and locking arms), press the sunroof button on the console so the arms move up. Some cars will automatically stop at the lock position or in the up position, my car you need to make sure the arms lock in the right position manually. Make sure you secure the roof securley, they tend to flap around in the wind going anything faster than 35 mph. They can turn into pretty expensive frisbees! Give it a good push upwards to make sure its latched correctly.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When installing, you have to push down on it kind of hard to make sure it's all the way forward before you lower the back edge down too (at least that's the way it is on mine).

Quick Reply: 944 Sunroof Question