Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof leaks

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 12:32 AM
CHICKENHAWK
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sunroof leaks

Ok, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I tried searching for this problem and have only been able to find that the drain tubes are clogged or disconnected. My drain tubes are not clogged or disconnected. I poured water down them with the sunroof open and watched it drain out the bottom of the car in both the front and the back. Now, I drove my car in the rain the day after I bought it and there were no leaks, however, yesterday my car was sitting outside in the rain, I sat in the car and watched water leak in at the front driver's side corner and both rear corners or the sunroof. Does the sunroof need to be adjusted, or is it the sunroof seal? Any help/advice is much appreciated, thank you.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:01 AM
CHICKENHAWK
Advanced

Anybody?
Old 04-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Rod Thomson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Much too log reply = rant

Yo Mike,

I have only now (2.5 years later) identified the source of all the h20 finding its way onto my floor. I have to say it has been one of the most frustrating things I have faced with this car. First I could see water drips from the hatch right behind the sunroof. Simple fix as the hatch seal was no seated correctly. Next rain, more water, on the rear foot wells. Now I replaced the sunroof seal ( seal on the roof not on the body ) Ok, now I only get water behind the drivers seat. Careful inspection reveals that there is a water trail from the inside of the carpet below the drivers sid roof pillar. I remember reading on this board a post about a small hole worn in the drain tube by the screw which holds the sunroof air deflector onto the body. Bingo. I have sealed the drain from the outside with tape. I am dry and have been for six weeks. This is a huge deal for me. I live in a rain forest. It rains tons here. It depressed me to no end to have to vacuum the water out of the car every week or two. Not to mention the corrosion damage I can see getting worse each week. I will be painting the car in the next year and I will replace all seals and interior vinal and carpet at that time. I can wait till then to permanently fix this. Some tricks mentioned here you may want to try. Start the car make sure all the windows and vents are closed, turn on the defrost fan and douse suspected arias with soapy water ( out side of course ). The positive pressure inside the car will force air out any breach in a seal and bubbles will mark the spot. Good luck.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:11 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Much too log reply = rant

Originally posted by Rod Thomson
Yo Mike,>>snip>>
Start the car make sure all the windows and vents are closed, turn on the defrost fan and douse suspected arias with soapy water ( out side of course ). The positive pressure inside the car will force air out any breach in a seal and bubbles will mark the spot. Good luck.
THAT is a good one, thanks
TakeCare
Old 04-22-2004, 09:42 AM
CHICKENHAWK
Advanced

tHANKS

Quick Reply: Sunroof leaks