Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello/Good by

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004 | 05:24 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Unhappy Hello/Good by

This is a sad hello, as it ultimately will end up being a good by for an uncertain amount of time.

Many things effect people’s lives and I am no exception. For those of you who have known who I am and or have attended a wrenching session and or BBQ at my home you will know just how difficult this is going to be for me.

Over painful consideration i have reached the conclusion that, it has come time for me to part with the Silver Bullet and all of the extras I have purchased or refurbished over the almost three years I have own her. I was in the middle of the most extensive rebuild I have ever done on a vehicle in my life and now am faced will selling her off piece by piece in the hopes of raising very much needed cash for me and my family.

I do not think I can get to my Reenlist email at this time so I will open up my office mail for any replies or requests.

I hope to sell off the parts here at Reenlist rather than ebay as at least I will know that parts are going to a great group of people.

I have an entire fully functional 87 944 N/A save or the motor that was pulled for a rebuild.” Block and head are in great shape “ motor was running before it was pulled, I am just a stickler for detail and was going to refresh the entire motor” head and block/pistons etc. etc. for sale as well.

Turbo sways with new drop links bushings
Turbo rear lower wing
Black door panels
968 mirrors with fully functioning motors new glass and seals fresh $150. Paint job
PS pump and rack / with less than 1000 miles on it
New radiator with less han 1000 miles on it
Borsch header and race pipe never installed
New Never installed turn signal switches
Fiberwerks unique front end the car can be viewed their website
The entire car has a refreshed paint the hood/fenders/nose piece and front-end looks new hood has new sound liner installed after the new paint went on.
The list goes on and on

Email keith.mochida@zoran.com with any requests

I am going off now to ponder what I am doing one more time. “ This sucks Big time let me tell you”.

Sadly
Keith “TaboII” M
Old 04-21-2004 | 05:30 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know you wouldn't do it if it wasn't the right thing. All the best to you & your family Keith. If I can help you with anything let me know.

Ken
Old 04-21-2004 | 05:32 PM
jaibeiber
Pro

sorry to hear. what sparked this need for money?
Old 04-21-2004 | 05:50 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Keith, sorry to hear that you indeed have to go through with this. I would love to take those 968 mirrors off your hands, but I don't have the money for them. And knowing you, you'd give me an awesome deal on them, but that's not what you need. So I hope you get every penny they are worth and I trust that other Rennlisters will offer you what the parts are worth and more.

Best of luck!

-Matt
Old 04-21-2004 | 05:55 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Keith, you have mail. I'm sorry for whatever it is you are going through. If there is anything I can do, let me know. If not, I'll take the mirrors
Old 04-21-2004 | 06:03 PM
icat
Race Car

Keith - that bites. Sorry to hear you're having problems. Keep us posted. Not sure how much I can help right now, but I'll be happy to lend an ear. Shoot me an e-mail.
Old 04-21-2004 | 06:31 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

May the rennlist vultures descend upon you and your car and leave you with the bountiful spoils of parting.

All the best and I hope everything works out for the best and you can hop back in the saddle again as soon as things get better for you!

Old 04-21-2004 | 06:43 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, no fooling "Rennlist vultures" - That's exactly what I feel like.

Keith, I sent you an email to the work address you posted.

As we all feel, I'm sorry for your situation and hope it gets resolved as soon as possible. I hope you come back to the Porsche "fold" when things are better. Regards, Dan
Old 04-21-2004 | 08:49 PM
Turby
Banned

Keith, If there is anything I can do let me know ie( help put it togeather and make it whole to sell), or ANYTHING email me at turby911@msn.com -Morgan
Old 04-21-2004 | 10:13 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

i want the fiberwerks front end... call my cell anytime (east coast) 443-465-5629 and ask for Al please.

thanks
Old 04-21-2004 | 10:42 PM
Red 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Keith- How far are you away from having the motor right?
I would be happy to donate a weekend, as I'm sure other MA / NH / RI guys would too, in order for you to sell whole.
Gasket set, two belts, and head studs and you're rockin' man.
Old 04-21-2004 | 11:23 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

keith, what are you looking to get for those 968 mirrors?
Old 04-22-2004 | 12:30 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Keith-

Say it ain't so!!! Not after all the time you've put into the car!!!

I'm with Red 944, if you want help to get it back running, let me know and I will make some time...

Let me know,
Old 04-22-2004 | 03:24 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Riff

Yes it is true and with all the work and money into it I really have no choice call me we can discuss details.

for every one else “Thank you for your condolences it is appreciated” I have responded to a few of your requests and those that sent in requests for parts first will have opportunity to buy first. I will be making and publishing a good-sized list on this coming Sunday for those of you who want general prices.

Again thanks for your support it is going to a worthy cause “ My family”.

Keith “TaboII” M

Last edited by TaboII; 04-23-2004 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Hello/Good by