Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater control levers oddly pulled out

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022 | 11:43 AM
Skota23
AutoX

Default Heater control levers oddly pulled out

Hi Folks,

My new to me 1978 924 Has the heater control levers pulled out at odd angles and do not slide side to side as they should.

I have a few other jobs I'm working on now and wanted to put this out there so I can start to get an idea of what I'm going to be looking for. I'm wondering if a part of the heater control assembly may be just pulled out so the internal hinges are not in the correct guides or if its more likely that an internal part is actually broken and the whole assembly will need replacing.

The fan motor is also always on low even with the ignition of, turns on high with the ignition on and the AC dial turned off, then switches back to low with the AC dial turned on.

Thank you for any advise

!

Steve
Old 02-08-2022 | 06:17 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Dear Skota:
I think that it's time for you go to a wrecking yard or perhaps Plyhammer for the covers for your heater controls. Looks like the upper one may be missing entirely. These appear to be different than the ones for my early 944. As far as the A/C blower motor goes, see if you can clean up the switch, but if it only runs on 1 speed the motor speed resistors my be shot. Usually this is only on the high speed for most cars, however, but it bears looking into. A Utube video or two will be your friend here. The motor may be gunked up as well, and only be able to run on one speed,(slow) so that may require cleaning as well. If the resistors look intact (and check out good with a meter) while working on the fan/blower motor, you may need to check the switch more closely.and check for current levels with a meter as you turn the switch from one position to another. HTHsome, and good luck!

Quick Reply: Heater control levers oddly pulled out