Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Spark, No tach bounce. Don’t know what else to change.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021 | 10:15 AM
newmexico
Track Day

Originally Posted by 88Silver924S
I hope you have solved your problem already. It sounds like you may have recently acquired this car. Have you ever seen or had this car running well or did you tow/trailer it home?

You comment a couple of times of excessive fuel; is it possible that your injectors are not closing, that is they are just opening and staying open constantly spraying fuel from all four? If so that sounds like perhaps a bad aftermarket DME chip? Good luck.
Had it running well. It all started with us fixing the oil filler reservoir. Had broken hoses and a oily mess everywhere. From there on, everything I touched, broke or crumbled. One new needed part just left to another! I am to check injectors staying open this coming week. I was taught to check with a flashlight and cylinder #1 while key in on position, not cranking. I’ll keep posting progress if I ever have any. I really appreciate everyone’s input. It helps get the brain spinning.

Quick Reply: No Spark, No tach bounce. Don’t know what else to change.