Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help my identify mystery part

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help my identify mystery part

While looking for my oil leak which I believe is traced back to the cam seal, I found something I haven't seen or noticed before. It looks like a small silver sleeve with a tab on each side about a half inch long with about a 10mm opening with a black plastic sleeve around it that has 4 or 5 square holes around it's sides. It seems to be on a wire or something as it's easily moved but attached to something limber. It's just above the back pivot on the power steering pump mount just to the right of the tube that carries the harness for the oil pressure sender's harness. It looks like it's possibly a connector of some sort, but with so much stuff in the way (oil cooler lines etc) and having to use a flashlight to see up in there, I can't get a real good look at it. While moving it around with a long screwdriver the black plastic outer sleeve came off and pretty much disintegrated. It may even be something (if on a wire) that was originally higher on the motor but fell down behind the rear of the timing cover. I'm stumped by this, maybe someone can tell me what this is?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you post a picture?

Quick Reply: help my identify mystery part