Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a windshield and Euro rear bumper for a late model 944 with or without antenna

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 12:33 AM
Zinko
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a windshield and Euro rear bumper for a late model 944 with or without antenna

Ive been having a really hard time finding a new windshield for my 944. I called all the big autoglass companies around me including safelite and no-one can get it. I know that the early 944's have a windshield that is 1" narrower so I didn't look for those but i did also look for 968 windshields with no luck.
Does anyone have any idea where i can get on near the Detroit metro area? I only have one lead of some guy 4 hours away selling one for $300 that I have to pick up and id really rather not drive 8hr round trip for a windshield.

Also i am having a hard time sourcing a Euro rear bumper from Europe. There are a few on UK eBay that I tried to buy but only one guy was willing to ship it to me and he wanted to charge $400 for shipping. No-one else wanted to send it to the states i guess. Let me know if some of you guys based in UK or Germany is willing to ship me one. I bought a fiberglass rearbumper from CCP Fabrication and it ended up being way to warped and outta wack to work so i returned that. Im not hearing good things about GT racings rear bumpers either so id rather go oem.