Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

German Auto Dismantlers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:18 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

bump These guys deserve all the bad press they can get.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a "does not leak" power steering rack from them off ebay. Paid $ 350 to have it installed and the shop call me and informed me it leaked worst than my original. I would not have bought it had they not claimed it didn't leak. They cost me $400, no they robbed me of $400!!!!!I feel your pain.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About GAD,
I too had a poor experience with them. I bought a cylinder head for my 951 and it cost me $450. A bit steep. The head was in good shape but I still had the valve seals and guides replaced. So, I had a $600 head. And I guess it all depends when and where you look for parts. Right now on eBay they have complete motors for less then $600. I felt pretty stupid for paying so much. I will NOT deal with them again.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

GAD sucks donkey *****.

I won't buy from them ever. Their customer service and response to inquiries about their products they are selling is abysmal.

I'd rather be dragged naked acrossed a field of shredded transmission parts than give them another dime of my money.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Donkey *****, dragged naked, field of shredded transmission parts, hmmmm. Sounds like the makings of a movie...
Old 08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I emailed them multiple times over the past few months looking for 968 body parts. I have not recevied one email back.

I'm going to call DC Auto, These guys rock and know wth i'm talking about. Nice prices as well!
Old 08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ian's (944Online) is great, Zims is great, Paragon is great and Pelican is great. I've bought from all of them at one time or another. GAD sucks.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Scott M.
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Ok, Ok, one more...

Partswerks (of Chicago)... they suck large diameter hairy moose peter.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Default FORGET German Auto Dismantling & Auto Atlanta!

They do not appreciate our cars. All they see are eyefuls of $$$, when thinking Porsche. True enthusiats do not "get over" on one another, at all. Their heavy presence and exposure on eBay has also given the online automotive buying community a bad reputation. But, greed has no modesty, or limitations. I also know they sneak Digital Cameras into auctions and take illegal photos of cars/parts they dont even have. Then they post ads with pix on Craigslist, or eBay, just to get reactions from all the suckerfishes out there. Once they have have accepted as many payments from ONE ITEM as they can take in.....then they reserve all the explanations and excuses for later. Gentlemen- its called a SCAM! The only thing these well-funded, greed partnership operations have is nothing but buying power. And, they will ruthlessly outbid the smaller guy every time too. I have seen sellers sand, and repaint parts, passing them off as new- to unsuspecting buyers. Salvage operators will often re-solder, glue-gun, repaint, VIN-change, or try "fixing" any damaged part, or vehicle- just to make it attractive enough to sell.

I should know... when I was 19-years old, I answered an advertisement for a 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo with 1,800 miles for the unbelieveable price if $12,000($35,000NEW). The seller was three hours away, but agreed to meet me halfway. He deliberately used the rainy season forecasts to his advantage , by delaying our meeting until a very wet day was forecast. Seriously wanting for this deal to happen, if I liked the car- I didnt have a choice. But, I never view cars at night or in the pouring rain. There is too much detail and lighting trickery, to hide the slightest imperfection. So, I waited another 3 hours before I finally saw the car- on a drizzly, overcast day. I even had a bank-financed auto loan cashiers check, ready to buy the Z on the spot. Looking back- my emotional response got the best of me, because that day, I wound-up buying nothing but a body shop "fixer-upper", and salvage title, that the damn bank even financed! The Z was a new demo at the local Nissan dealer which was totalled, on a test drive(roll-over) The seller knew when to flip salvage cars over, because he used that short title transfer lag time, to show the car with a "clean" title still. Unfortunately for me- this all occurred before California passed the Lemon Law legislation. That red 300ZXT turned out to be so problematic, I had to stop making payments on it, because repairs and public transportation stripped my wallet, with barely enough to sustain myself. Then when the car did run- I recieved traffic ticket(2 speeding; 4 fix-its) after another. With bad luck as my excuse- I swore never to drive another RED vehicle again, unless it was a Ferrari, or a Porsche(sic). Down the road(pushing)....the dealer I traded the car in for immediately sold the car to a junkyard for scrap. All I recieved as trade-in value for the car- was a measly $400 two whirlwind years later.

Morale: If you are more EMOTIONAL than MECHANICAL.... then you will ALWAYS be screwed-over, and deserve it.

My failure to inspect the car( I was distracted by the seller entirely), let my inner "want" for a Z-Car rule over my better judgement. I really should have known the car I bought was actually TWO different cars welded together...

Nowadays, I choose my vendors, and contacts very closely. My friend Sean owns Autobahn Dismantling in San Diego, and honestly earns a living selling quality BMW, MBZ and Porsche cars and parts, catering to enthusiasts like ourselves. He is one still. Their prices are probably the best in the US- and they will ship worldwide, without trying to profit on shipping charges, like GAD and AA normally does. He can even obtain rare dealer-items lower then what the dealer charges! The number is (619)444-2290. Website is:

http://www.autobahnparts.com

"I should have bought that clean, bronze 86' 951 from him for $3,000!" Go with your instincts, NOT your false pride...

Zach
Old 08-25-2005, 04:00 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

And yet somehow...SOMEHOW these places stay in business. I have said it once, and I will say it again. I think when you buy a Porsche® you should get a card in your manual(and with a little push and hard work this could be done) stating that you are also enrolled in Rennlist(or at least mention it). This would keep these snakes from eating our Virgins
Old 08-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Well put. BTW testarossa, I love your avitar, but it looks like the cars are going in reverse! Is that sucking up to the 911 guys by putting our engines "in the right end" of the car?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:29 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Jeff, change the way the strip is going in your mind... then it will change the cars direction.

Can someone email this link to those ***** at GAD? That would be nice
Old 08-25-2005, 04:31 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951

Can someone email this link to those ***** at GAD? That would be nice
Sure, I would, but I doubt they would even open the email to read it.

BTW, did you try to buy that 968 rear that they had on Ebay last month that you were interested in? I hope not.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
NZ951
Race Director

True I didnt think about the fact that the scumbags would not open the email lol.

No, I did not buy it, I found one local...
Old 08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Put a title of the e-mail as "NEW PORRSCHE OWNER NEEDING NEW VALVES AND HEAD - CAN YOU HELP?"

They'll open it. Like flies to ****.

Quick Reply: German Auto Dismantlers