Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiberwerks Fitment: what a pain!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:15 AM
IMB951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberwerks Fitment: what a pain!!

since monday I've been taking my old bumper off abd fitting and trimming my new Fiberwerks bumper and just today I got it back from the paint shop and started to drill holes to mount the lights and with about 8 hours of insanity I finally got ONE side of the lights done!!! For the curved side markers I had to use a bench grinder for nearly 2 hours on the back of the light assembly itself to get the holes to line up to even drill! Then had to shave away even more and finally got a snug fit. Got that out of the way and the left foglight wasn't too bad when I got the holes drilled and aligned. Then the long skinny marker light near the fender had to be grinded down on all sides to get it to look flush....the light hung out towards the wheel nearly 2 inches before...nowhere near a correct mold....

I dunno....maybe I'm just not good at this kind of stuff...I need to shutup and go to sleep. What a spring break this has been. I'll be happy when it's all over with. I still have to drill mounting holes to the car too...fun.

any tips before I take the plunge into the garage tomorrow morning?
Old 04-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

let me say this, for the past 3 days I've been using a hand held drill w/ surface prep disk to get rid of all the paint and bondo filler on the entire car. the whole car is down to bare metal. (except for the hood and pax door)

i feel your pain brotha.

I could open a body shop but the dust and chemicals would kill me within a week.

Quick Reply: Fiberwerks Fitment: what a pain!!