Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Cables

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 10:26 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flight 951, The supplemental ground from the front of the engine to frame rail is actually part of the headlight package. I end up selling a lot of them because they improve the grounding so much. There is something I have never been able to figure out about our car's construction that makes grounding poor. I think it has to do with the galvinizing construction methods. This supplemental makes most of the problems go away.

In any event, you can get the supplemental ground for $20. Plus whatever USPS wants for shipping.

NZ, your battery in the rear is a problem for my battery cable kit. I could make a solution for you but I would need a right hand drive car example to make it right. I don't think there are any in North America.

The headlight package will work just fine if you want to do that. And I have a supply of left hand lane E-Code lenses by Cibie. A Jaguar dealer ordered a bunch of lenses sort of forgetting that the UK and USA drive on different sides of the road. So you are covered there if you want to buy.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:25 AM
MartinT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iceshark,

I would be in for a full set (or even the Full Boat kit). I know I need the later style negatives, with two cables. Hope you do another run as somehow all the previous offerings, I have not had the funds available.

Mine is currently fixed by my mechanic with a new clamp as the old clamp bolt was bent. Pretty sure that the cable is no good too. I've not managed to find another source - Pelican only has the single style negative.

Martin
Old 04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin, The battery negative are not a problem. You can get them now. $44 for the main plus shipping. You should get the supplemental forward ground for $20 and then things will be pretty good.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:48 PM
MartinT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iceshark,

Can you PM me /email me, how I can make payment. Zip for shipping is 19128.

Thanks

Martin

Quick Reply: Battery Cables