Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

951 brakes on 944 N/A?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:28 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...

To get back on topic here, Tifo had the master list for sure. Don't recall having to do anything about the hoses though.

M758 is correct of course. Nothing wrong with the OE setup if you configure it correctly. Really, the only truly cogent reason to do this conversion in my mind is to SAVE MONEY. Yes, for track junkies, rotor wear is a thing of the past, given the right pad, and said pads last WAY longer than on the highly stressed single piston caliper setup. $200 every 4-5 days for carbon pads was out of my budget!

The enlightened thought about increased unsprung weight and rolling inertia is something hardly anyone ever thinks about, but can make a dramatic difference under certain circumstances. There have been quite a few dudes that made their cars SLOWER by upgrading without thinking carefully. In this case, the alloy Brembos and barely larger rotors probably offer minimal penalty in this regard.

The T brakes can indeed be done using the early struts if you are handy or know someone who is. I did it some years back. The bolt spacing on that 86T spindle is ever so slightly wider than the early caliper mounting flanges. I reamed out the lower strut flange holes and welded .125" washers on the flanges to reinforce them. Not too difficult if you trust your welding!

Still, unless you track the snot out of it, there is no point other than... I can't hardly say this word, but... BLING.

A fake word for falseness of purpose.

Quick Reply: 951 brakes on 944 N/A?