Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New House Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:33 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt
Good to hear you made the trek. The house is ours mostly due to low interest rates and a family friend that is a mortgage broker
Tampa is still pretty affordable, this house is our dream home, and we plan on being there for a long time.

Keith
Haven't mentioned it before, but your new house looks awesome. Enjoy it.

I am making what will probably be my last trip to Texas 12-18 April to help Lisa prepare for the move, and ship the Porsche to Florida. I hope there is time for a get together, but it may be a bit tight.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sure would be nice to get together. But, I know how crazy moving can be.

We're sure going to miss you Pete. Give the bad guys hell.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pete, thanks. Shame we never got to meet. Good luck in Florida, Tamps is like Houston only pretty and with less traffic (okay, not THAT much like Houston!).

George - any idea when the Road America week is?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:40 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Stay tuned, I will talk to Lisa, and see if there is time for me to get away for a few hours. Or maybe we will need to empty the propane tank on the grill.
We aren't actually moving at this time, that happens in late May. I am just going back during my spring break to take care of the shed and garage to make it a bit easier when the move does happen. Best part about Navy moves is that they have the movers do everything for you.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Matt H
George - any idea when the Road America week is?
Since I'm back on the bread line, no.

In all honesty, it will probably be next year. I'll want to get the car sorted before going to an unfamiliar track - especially one as challenging as Road America.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:56 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Whoa! Hold the phone! Geo.... on the bread line? What gives?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Pete - couldnt agree more on the move, the company is moving all of it, I dont have to touch ANYTHING!

George - NP, you are still welcome to come stay there for Indy 500 or USGP, as I am planning on going to both and there will be other RLers coming. If anyone sees James let him know he is welcome to come up too. Since he has the ability to go anywhere and I have not seen or heard from him in a while.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Geo
Race Director

I quit my job. I hadn't had a life for 9 months (of hell) and things are only going to get worse. They are just about out of money and will probably default on their loan next quarter (sneaked by on luck this quarter).

First time in my life I've left a job without having another one, but it was definitely the right call. I cut myself a pretty decent deal on the way out. I trained my replacement and they rewarded me hansomely.

It's a little scary not knowing what I'm going to do yet, but there is work out there (everyone needs their beans counted), especially for someone willing and motivated.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:09 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Good luck on the job hunt, but I know you were working your a$$ off.
I know there is something out there that will be so much better. I always vote for quality of life.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Matt H
George - NP, you are still welcome to come stay there for Indy 500 or USGP, as I am planning on going to both and there will be other RLers coming. If anyone sees James let him know he is welcome to come up too. Since he has the ability to go anywhere and I have not seen or heard from him in a while.
I may take you up on the USGP or Indy 500. Cool.

I've been meaning to get a hold of James since he's home during the week and, ah, so am I now.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Good luck on the job hunt. Shouldnt be a problem to find another job for a bean-counter. Just let me know on the travel. Any time, which, of course, applies to all of you.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:06 AM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geo - sorry to hear about the job. I know you put a lot of effort in to making that place work.

Matt - Thanks for the flowers. 300K just doesn't buy what it use too, but I think we'll be very happy there!

Pete - Dude, we're gonna miss you. Tell the gals we said hi and maybe they'll let us come over to play for awhile! BBQ in Beaumont (or burgers, or steaks - I'll buy) sounds like a winner!
Old 04-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Matt H
Race Director

You're welcome but I have no clue what you are talking about :>)
Old 04-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice Matt, congrats again and also to all the other home depot regulars.

Dan P, that new house looks like it could be in any of a number of neighborhoods around here...for somewhere in the $850K-$1.3M range depending on which neighborhood. Feel better about what you had to spend now?
Michelles house reminds me a lot of a house I used to rent. The place was a wreck when I lived there (landlord hadn't put a cent into it in 20 years), I moved out when it was sold and the new owners did a beautiful restoration in similar, period correct colors. 10 years later I still can't believe the transformation.

As long as were posting pics, this was ~5 years ago a couple months into the project.

This was in need of a lot of work, we were the first to see it and made an offer the day after it was listed and still ended up in a bidding war. Got it for a little over $200k.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today, after a lot of work (still some left to be done) it's probably about average for the neighbor hood, ~$400-425K.

Quick Reply: New House Pics