Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before and after pictures - Not 56K friendly

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004 | 02:04 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

I really like the d-shape one....but I can't stand the horn button things...and I like the other one...but I don't like the fact it says pilot in the middle...
Old 03-27-2004 | 02:04 AM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Shutemup
I bought what I think is the same pilot wheel from autozone today, cost me $79 If i remember right.

It looks 1000% better than the origional, it will go on this weekend sometime.

I'm just glad that I absolutely love my 5 spoke aluminum wheels that came with this car.

I wouldn't trade them for any I have seen
Your 5 spoke rims you have now are called "Fuchs", and yes, I would keep those on your car. They are gorgeous.
Old 03-27-2004 | 02:07 AM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

Can someone point me the cheapest place to buy the coverlay dash cap?
I saw in the Performace catalog for like $78..Is that the lowest ?
Old 03-27-2004 | 02:18 AM
Shutemup
Burning Brakes

The only problem with my wheels is that they have been neglected for a long long time.....

I spent over an hour on one wheel, not getting into any crevices just making it look decent with mothers polish...

Still have some black spots..........

I'm gonna end up spending a whole weekend just getting them looking like they should
Old 03-27-2004 | 12:33 PM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Shutemup
The only problem with my wheels is that they have been neglected for a long long time.....

I spent over an hour on one wheel, not getting into any crevices just making it look decent with mothers polish...

Still have some black spots..........

I'm gonna end up spending a whole weekend just getting them looking like they should
Sand it down with fine sandpaper, then use fine steel wool to get rid of the scratches. Then use Blue Coral chrome polish. I swear, they will look like chrome when you are done!
Old 03-27-2004 | 12:49 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by esanmiguel
Sand it down with fine sandpaper, then use fine steel wool to get rid of the scratches. Then use Blue Coral chrome polish. I swear, they will look like chrome when you are done!
They are probably anodized so I'm not sure you really want to sand them.
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:05 PM
skene
Burning Brakes

I like the look of that stearing wheel. One question though, how big around is it? I'm thinking of getting one that's smaller in diameter then the origional since I either hit it with my knees or I have to sit a bit farther back then I want to. I like the D one too, but like Bloodraven said, the buttons on it are awful.
Old 03-28-2004 | 10:08 AM
jjguitarranch

Rennlist Member

esanmiguel,

After reading your "el cheapo steering wheel" thread I was compelled to go to Autozone to check out these wheels. They only had the $79 D-shaped wheel with the integrated horn buttons. I never in a million years thought I would buy a steering wheel from Autozone, let alone a D-shaped.
I walked out of there with the steering wheel. At first I thought the car deserved better, but the wheel really looks good, feels good and is leather. It is all black with no logo. If the car was my daily I would not have bought the D-shaped wheel. It's nice for performance driving.
Old 03-29-2004 | 12:24 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Better rear end!

Quick Reply: Before and after pictures - Not 56K friendly