Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Got my wisdom teeth out just now... Anyone up for CHAT tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004 | 04:28 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Default OT: Got my wisdom teeth out just now... Anyone up for CHAT tonight?

I can't talk too well, so maybe it would be fun to chat about these cars tonight.

Possible subjects:

- brakes
- timing belt / water pump / roller Q+A
- hot start problem

(Of course, talking about women/beer is always acceptable too).

How about 6PM PST/ 9PM EST?
Old 03-26-2004 | 05:02 PM
Minus000
Instructor

how bad is it? Iv had one of mine done and the other three are coming in, im no doctor but I think I can avoid having them pulled.
Old 03-26-2004 | 05:08 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

They did all 4. One was fully erupted (simple extraction). Two were partially erupted (some gum overlapping). The last one was completely unerupted.

Not much pain now. I would do all 4 at the same time. I used sedation to get knocked out. I don't remember anything. Maybe I will post pics of my teeth later on tonight.

Overall, it's a question of "will you be diligent enough to clean them for your entire life". When the oral surgeon showed me how much crud was on them (when I had them in my mouth) I was convinced that it was time for them to go.

Also, based on my life's plans, I cannot afford to have them removed later on. I may be busier and have crummier insurance. I could not take a chance on having a flare-up when I had less time/money to deal with it.
Old 03-26-2004 | 10:42 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Bump?
Old 03-26-2004 | 10:47 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

I feel sorry for you - I'm getting 3 root canals & 2 crowns done in two weeks (ouch). Hope you feel better - keep takin' that Vicodin!
Old 03-26-2004 | 10:48 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Haven't needed the Vicodin yet. Maybe I'll save it for a rainy day.

Have you ever seen the B-rated movie "The Dentist"?
Old 03-26-2004 | 11:20 PM
njwilser
Instructor

kjp

I think you may still be workin offf the anesthesia. Having had this done about a year and a half ago my advice is to medicate early and often for the first couple days. (Only if you don't have any heavy equipment to operate of course). My experience (the doc actually warned me of this) is that a day or two after the procedure the body may catch up w/ the mind. Please don't fret. I told the doc I was headin out to meet my buddies for a round of golf and he had a little chat w/ me and I experienced about exacty what he preached.

Good move goin for the max and doin all 4 in one sitting. Only way to fly!

It's almost like puttin the t'ming belt water pump retrofit guide on an early 944. I't may be a pain in the a$$ but you will probably experience many more trouble free miles w/ it than w/out it.

Good luck patient.

MW
Old 03-27-2004 | 03:54 AM
Red 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

boredom bump
Old 03-27-2004 | 04:08 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Lightbulb Heh, chat, Wisdom teeth, Porsches!

Yeah, get all 4 Wisdom teeth removed at the same time, much faster healing time. I was playing in a swimming pool two days later with my friends on Vicodin, though cautious not to rip open the stitches.

That was nuts, but hey, why not?

My sister had only one side done, and she was in bed for a week, lmao. Pooooor baby!

Anyway, I had two sideways impacted, one coming in properly, and the other one was fine, too.

Real shame to lose them all, but I gotta tell you, I took one friend in to the county hospital after looking in his mouth, his partially erupted wisdom tooth WAS ROTTING!

Fortunately in most cities, when you are poor, they will at least do extractions for a discounted rate (cost him $30). But they won't do root canals or crowns.

- Julie
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:28 AM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

They gave me all of my teeth back. Looks like they mostly were removed in one piece per tooth.

I am glad that I took out all 4.

The fully erupted one was pretty badly rotted.

I am feeling much better this morning - even better than I was yesterday. Took one vicodin and one 800mg ibuprofen at 2AM. Slept the whole night, no problem. Will take one ibuprofen at 8AM. Need to walk over to my dentist's office to get the 924s (only 2.8 miles away). Hope it was OK parked over there last night.

Thanks for all the support everyone!
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:29 AM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

I got all four of mine removed about two years ago. I slept for the majority of the day, but during the evening I got so bored that I decided to take the go-cart out. Even though I took it easy and restrained myself from doing any stunts, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to subject my mouth to all of the vibrations. Oh well, no harm was done and I was able to relieve my cabin fever.
Old 03-27-2004 | 01:00 PM
mcavour
Racer

I had all 4 removed when I was stationed in Schofield Bks, HI. I was just a Private, and a Full-bird Colonel did the procedure. He first removed the two uppers, and decided to take a break. The anesthesia started to wear off and I started to feel a lot of pain, I got up from the chair and started to look for the Col. He came back and finished the procedure, I went home, but refused to take the meds he gave me (Tylenol 3 w/ codeine) because I don't like chemicals (at least for as long as I can bear it...). That was not as bad as when I had to have the root of one of my upper front tooth taken out (it had broken during training), this dentist (again, Army) had his knees on my chest trying (in vain...) to pull my root out... He ended up having to "chisel" it out...

Quick Reply: OT: Got my wisdom teeth out just now... Anyone up for CHAT tonight?