Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector and Knock Sensor connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2020 | 12:15 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Default Injector and Knock Sensor connectors

Are they interchangeable? (ETA: Yes they are! More deets below.)

So long as I have my intake off, I'm taking a hard look at my knock sensors and the associated wiring. One of the connectors looks a bit iffy, at best. They look like they're the same form factor as the injector connectors, and I know that you can get replacement housings and boots for those, so I was wondering if I could use those same parts to fix up the knock sensor harness ends.

ETA: Here's what I've found on further digging and educating myself, in case anyone ever goes into this particular rathole. The 2 pin connector can be found by searching for Bosch EV1 connectors. There are multiple places to get them online and looking around a bit will provide for a wide range of prices. Other connectors on the harness use similar connectors, but with increased numbers of pins. These can be found by looking for Bosch LK-X connectors, where X=the number of terminals in the connector. I guess that, technically, the EV1 connector is also called an LK-2 connector. The male counterparts go by the name LK-XM. For those looking to replace connectors on a harness, there are also pre-formed 90° boots available which, as I inspect my harness, would have been very useful to use when the thing was built, to avoid some strain due to wiring paths.

Thanks

Last edited by Zirconocene; 10-22-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Injector and Knock Sensor connectors