Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350HP, 1819lb non-turbo 944

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:07 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Ok lets settle down now. Songzz post was over the top. He has tried to rectify it. Please keep it to criticising an individual and not their race next time. You speak from experience with some individuals and that should not reflect upon their heritage. You are leading with your chin on that last sentance and I think you should just let Dsalillas have his say instead of egging him on.

I don't want to be associated with another abyss thread! Howd I get here??

How is your 944 running these days?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Not running. Yours?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:13 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Driving daily to and from work. Running very well. Brakes are shuddering more and more badly, not sure why. I will do a visual this weekend. Mileage is a concern now that 89 is 2.45/gal here in the bay area.

I need to take off the flaking hood insulation and repair the injector connectors that have electricians tape all over them from the PO.

I enjoy the car very much.

Why is yours not running?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

My definition of bragging would be claiming to be better than something or someone when your not to make others feel lower than you. Neither of which I have done. There is a difference between pride and bragging. If I say that I served this country with great honor despite all the racial tension and it makes you feel that you have to lash out then I apologize.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:31 AM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Songzzz
Okay. I realised it was wrong to say something like that so I apologize promptly and deleted that idiotic post within 16 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I have Pinoy friends too. Hired them to do sales, had businees dealings with them, got ripped off and my maid is Pinoy too. They are really brilliant individuals, probably the most talented sales people and lawyers you can find.

I felt that every race have its own distinct culture/trait, good or bad. My point is that most tend to exagerate and brag too much. Look at him, he says he makes 350hp and his car weighs 800ish Kg... and btw, why are you bragging how you fought the Gulf war? So great huh?

Andrew, so you think that a distinct trait of Filipinos is that they tend to exaggerate and brag too much? (more so than other cultures). While I know Filipinos who DO brag too much, there are also as many Mexicans, Whites, Blacks, Koreans, and Chinese people that do the same. But I don't take those few examples and generalize the rest of the group to be that way. Even, worse having hatred for them as a whole group. I have had bad experiences with all kinds of race growing up here in Los Angeles (plenty from my own race also). However, my dislike for them is on the individual basis and not for the whole group. Sound like you have had bad experiences with some Filipinos have you?

Do you know what "condescending" means? Look it up.

Also, Dsalilas was not bragging about his duty. Damn dude, why the hell do you have to be so harsh? Nothing wrong about expressing his love and loyalty for the USA. Im also 100% pinoy but this is the country I grew up in and would die and fight for it if I have to..
Old 03-18-2004, 02:37 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Dsalillas & esanmiguel>>> I salute you. Let's make peace.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:39 AM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

Ok. Sorry I got riled up. I dont normally post replies to that on a freakin car forum.. I wont reply anymore to this thread and I will be out of this topic.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

Nuff said. I'm stayin out of this one.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:01 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, I had no idea that this would turn into what it did. I hope that I in no way started any of that with this post. If so, I am sorry. I had no intentions of any such thing.

Anyway, what happened to my comments in that guys guestbook? They have disappeared as of this morning. Are people a little heavy-handed with editing over there at Cardomain? WTF?
Old 03-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Performance Modifications
Brake Upgrades: Brembo
Drivetrain / Transmission: Centerforce
Electronics: A'pexi
Engine Components: JE Pistons
Exhaust: Custom
Ignition: Bosch
Performance Chip: Autothority
Shocks: Koni

Major Upgrades: extrude-honed, stroke-increase, nitrous, bore-increase

Does that sound familiar?? Maybe those are the default settings. NOS, overbore and stroked (must be like a 3.4) but it only makes 285HP. Someone should tell him he could have saved his money added a nice chip set, been real close to that number and bought another one. He could have made a 350HP NA to go with it :>)
Old 03-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Gemballa front lip his car has. It mates to the "turbo look NA nose" very nicely.

that's about ALL I like, though.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

after a hijack and ethnic battle on this post, we aren't just gonna let it sit here and watch it die are we??? So many cars on that site that are overexaggerated this can be a 1000 reply post!

Andy
Old 03-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Pearceman3
Addict
Rennlist Member

hEY WHY AM I ON HIS Friends LIST???lol my name on there is sizzy...his most recent victem of his friends list!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:20 PM
cortez
Intermediate

Question

Reality check. Is it *possible* to make this kind of net [read rwp] from a 3.0 while keeping tractibility and drivability. Assuming limits of 93 octane and other real world limitations, is this even concevable? Maybe he should checkout the supercharging thread that got started. Even NOS is good for only about 75 HP and there is still the matter of the 1000 LB diet.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tifosiman
Damn, I had no idea that this would turn into what it did. I hope that I in no way started any of that with this post. If so, I am sorry. I had no intentions of any such thing.

Anyway, what happened to my comments in that guys guestbook? They have disappeared as of this morning. Are people a little heavy-handed with editing over there at Cardomain? WTF?

the owner of the page can get rid of them if he wants.
on my page theresa this guy that has put on their something like "sweet car, check out the forums at-------" like 5 times!!!
and i delete them.

he knows you found him out.

duh-dom-duuuuuh

Quick Reply: 350HP, 1819lb non-turbo 944