Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Blower Fan Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 01:37 PM
jwolfe
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down AC Blower Fan Issue

Car is a late model '86 944

2 weeks ago my AC blower fan stopped working at all 4 speeds and defrost/cycle. I can still slightly feel the cold ac when the snowflake button is turned on and driving at high speeds, but its from the wind outside.
My first thought was the blower relay, I swapped it with my horn relay as a test and sure enough the fan kicked on and ordered a new one. I didn’t drive the car for a couple weeks and went to install my new relay today and come to find it’s not working. I then re-tested with the horn relay and that also didn't work now.

I took out my fan resistor pack and sprayed it with deoxit and soaked in vinegar. That did not work.
I disconnected the blower fan and powered it separately, it kicked on so it appears to be working fine..

Should I look to replacing the resistor pack? I thought even with a bad pack the blower would still work at speed 4 or window defrost. What else should I check...

Thanks!
Justin