Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final questions slave/master replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final questions slave/master replacement

2 final questions on this procedure:
1. Do I need to siphon out the brake fluid rservoir with a turkey baster prior to removing the slave/master and connecting hose?
2. When bleeding the system--(I have a Motive) I believe there are 2 bleeders per caliper on the turbo, should the outer bleeder be opened and bled first or the inner bleeder?

Muchas Gracias.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Dales944
Burning Brakes

1 - No. Haynes suggests you clamp the hose - my hose was old and it cracked when I clamped it, so I lost fluid anyway. If yours is in good shape, you should be able to pinch it off just fine (and not have to remove it from the reservior).

2 - When I did my master/slave, I bled at the slave cyl. I don't believe you have to touch the calipers.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Supachink
Racer

correct me if im wrong but i think you only have to touch the calipers if you remove the resovior from the master break cylnder, so dales is right if you pinch the hose coming from the resovior then you will be fine with the clutch master, but you must bleed the slave
Old 03-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aha! I have got the concept now. Pinch off the hose from the fluid res. remove the master/slave/etc. install new, re-attach hose then bleed out the master/slave only through the fluid reservoir(with the Motive hooked to the reservoir). Alright--then is there any harm adding Super Blue to whatever is already in there and(a two-parter ) after bleeding the clutch, it is probably a good time to bleed the brakes anyways(fluid is about 2 years old and slightly brown)?
Old 03-13-2004, 11:41 AM
joseywhales
Instructor

It would be good to replace system with all Super blue, Blue is compatible w/ like fluid, and if you check temp max's I doubt what you have is same as Blue's. If you mix Blue w/ another brand in a glass jar you will see the two don't mix 100%. Just a test I did to confirm compatibility, not scientific though. Scott.

Quick Reply: Final questions slave/master replacement