Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injuries may make me sell my 944...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Julie, I can get a 84 e30 BMW 318i that runs well with straight body and thrashed interior for about $650. Interior pieces are easy to find in the junk yard and its much easier to get in and out of but most of all, it has good power steering... If you want to come by and help out a little, I am going to remove the engine (I have already cut off the front end to get easy access) and the front suspension. Maybe we can see if the late model steering wheel can be adapted to the early car.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Little round mirrors

billybones, excellent idea on the little round mirrors! I'm going to get those little buggers TODAY, I'm sure that will help. I nearly hit someone backing out of a parking space last night, never saw him, which really upset me. I was just idling out, and whereas it would have been my fault, I do wish he would have at least BEEPED me!

Legoland951, I'm calling you today. I'll take a look at the BMW. The steering wheel isn't a problem, really, just seems to be the shifting, which has improved (okay, okay, got an ego problem, being stubborn, but I gotta be stubborn about something!).

Thank goodness I adjusted the seat, but I am curious about either lumbar support or replacing it completely, with an something more comfy. Seat research on the way.

Bad news some #$%#*& HIT KIJO yesterday, by backing OVER HER, so I have two dents between the headlights, on the piece where the crest is. I'm not happy...not happy at ALL. It creased the metal where it bends, so I doubt I can pop it back out.

I need a garage to park her in again, and I'm tempted to beat my roommate with that part of the car, to get the point into that little pea brain of his, but I'd hurt my arm, so I can't do it.

- Julie
Old 03-13-2004, 01:09 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Argh.....adding injury to Kijo while you're in this state is just downright despicable!

With those teeth I'm surprised that Kijo didn't bite back!
Old 03-13-2004, 01:17 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure if anyone already suggested it.... What about a 968 with Tiptronic?
Old 03-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Default 944; 951; S2; 968, hut!

theedge, I would love to acquire a 968 Tiptronic, but I don't think anyone on this board is going to donate one in perfect running condition to me...but I'd happily take one with a blown headgasket!

Anyway, the problem is the inability to turn my neck more now, than my shoulder...my legs hate being cramped, but shoulder isn't popping out of place every time I SHIFT her into 3rd!

Driving is becoming a fear, when I used to just looove zipping around in her! I know it's the neck, and the blindspots.

Stupid little round mirrors going up today, so that should help me.

- Julie

Quick Reply: Injuries may make me sell my 944...