Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you using Dexcool...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004 | 02:47 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Default For those of you using Dexcool...

I found an interesting read for those who use Dexcool phosphate free anti-freeze(the orange stuff). Appaerantly GM is being sued for using it in thier engines and so is Chevron for distributing it. Dexcool Article
Old 03-08-2004 | 03:16 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Someone should counter sue.

Try this, anyone who REALLY thinks that a coolant is good for 100K miles please step off this cliff, I have a net to catch you and break your fall! Really now, there should almost be an intelligence test to buy a car. 100K mile coolant a spark plug intervals! That must be so the dealer can sell you a new car every 3-5 years since you will need one if you havent touched either of those items in 100K miles :>)
Old 03-08-2004 | 03:37 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Lol, the 951 is the first car i have owned that i have ever flushed a radiator or changed coolant in. I have never had a problem with bad radiators or anything in any of the vehicles i have owned, coolant has always stayed green in my vehicles, without any cooling problems. I have seen other vehicles with brown coolant that use to be green, and i would definetly flush those, but i don't know any maintenance history of any of those vehicles, for all i know the owner dumped lake water in the radiator. I have run a Semi on unfiltered slew/pond water before Ok...that took a flushing after we got it home...hehehe.
Old 03-08-2004 | 03:42 PM
Dave
Race Car

Originally posted by Matt H
... anyone who REALLY thinks that a coolant is good for 100K miles please step off this cliff, I have a net to catch you and break your fall! Really now, there should almost be an intelligence test to buy a car. 100K mile coolant a spark plug intervals! That must be so the dealer can sell you a new car every 3-5 years since you will need one if you havent touched either of those items in 100K miles :>)
In a way there is a test, those who fail it drive different cars than those who pass! (don't tell Tom R. I said that )

Quick Reply: For those of you using Dexcool...